jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How bad does a hub have to be before you will vote it down?

1. dmop profile image77
    dmopposted 6 years ago

How bad does a hub have to be before you will vote it down?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

If the hub is pure boilerplate hackery, I will vote it down--especially if the facts are wrong and the grammar is bad. I will also vote it down if the author is not literate enough to communicate his point in written form and instead has to rely on attaching a youtube video to help explain his point. It sort of defeats the purpose of writing an essay.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I never vote down on subject matter as this is a matter of freedom of choice for the writer--even if I disagree such as political or religious type hubs.  If there is a lot of profanity or the grammar is so poor, spelling bad, etc. I will vote it down or flag for review. 

It isn't a matter of snobbery for me - it is a matter of wanting Hubpages to keep a good reputation for good writing and articles.  I keep thinking of someone googling a subject and coming up with a subpar article with spelling error etc...and then the "googler" suddenly thinks Hubpages has poor articles with no standards - that hurts all of us.

4. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

It needs to be very bad before I would either vote it down or report it. But I have done so a couple of times. The first time the hub was very abusive against one particular person, it really was shocking the hate and venom that was spouted in this hub. Also hubs that are over the top just asking for business without actually giving you any useful information or comparing the product with something else, then I might vote it down.

5. Ashleymckinnon profile image81
    Ashleymckinnonposted 6 years ago

Subject matter really isn't a reason for me to vote a Hub down. However, if there is hate speech or ignorance in the Hub, I will. However, the big reasons are: grammar, copied content, extremely short, no pictures (especially when talking about travel locales or describing objects no one has heard of) or just seems thrown together.

6. avan989 profile image70
    avan989posted 6 years ago

pretty bad. I mean you have to be saying some really nasty thing.

working