jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Thumbs up or down

1. J.T. profile image57
    J.T.posted 10 years ago

Thumbs up, or thumbs down, does it really mean anything, when someone is rating your hub, and only does it in a negative way, it only means that the person haven´t understand a word of it, don´t let that get under your skin. My dad always said " son, it doesn´t matter what other people say, the only one who can put a smile on your face, is yourself ", just wanted to let you all know.
    There is no such thing as a bad hub, there might be some, who could need a little help, then give it to them, instead of rate it down, i know i could use plenty of help.

too all of you fantastic hubbers

J.T

2. profile image0
    H. Irvingposted 10 years ago

I don't think anyone has even used these on my hubs.  Do they affect your overall or hub rating?

3. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 10 years ago

They factor into it, yes.

Also, I believe that if you vote on other peoples hubs, it factors into your own score - Im pretty sure Paul said that once.

Most people - even those who are top ranked - do not vote on hubs. Not even after leaving a paragraph of praise in the comments.

Its a bit sad, really.

1. jimmythejock profile image87
      jimmythejockposted 10 years agoin reply to this

when I have read a hub that i like i comment if i know enough about the subject, and i place a thumbs up vote, i cant say that i always do though because i sometimes forget about the feature. i sometimes won't comment though if i dont know the subject matter but i do give a thumbs up if i like what has been written about.....jimmy

4. Lissie profile image79
    Lissieposted 10 years ago

Yeah me to - its hard to remember to thumbs up if  Iactually write a comment

5. Isabella Snow profile image88

I wasn't talking about you, Jimmy. wink

It just seems silly that so many people espouse the need to flag a hub or vote it down, but can't be arsed to vote up. Seems a little one-sided.

6. Apae profile image50
    Apaeposted 10 years ago

It does. I think its just becase most people want themselves to go up and not others. But downrating has the opposite effect on you. Some people are just a tad silly in that sense and it makes me wonder how the highly rated people have gotten that far up using these tactics.

7. J.T. profile image57
    J.T.posted 10 years ago

It´s a bit sad actually, but it seems like some people have a very narrow way of thinking, after i wrote this post yesterday , i suddenly got two more thumbs down,

1. Misha profile image77
      Mishaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This had to be expected when you posted such a topic smile
      We have a saying in Russian for such cases, it will translate to smth like this:
      "If you don't touch the crap - it won't stink..."

8. J.T. profile image57
    J.T.posted 10 years ago

Hahahaha....a very good saying misha, and very colorful, i like that.

9. Isabella Snow profile image88

If you start to get a lot over a short period time, I suggest contacting admin to see if they are all coming from a single IP address.

Easy enough to find out.

Otherwise, don't get too down, it happens to everyone.

10. J.T. profile image57
    J.T.posted 10 years ago

Thanks isabella, don´t worry, it takes a hole lot more to ruin my day.
    J.T

working