jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can I tell where my hub is weak?

1. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

How can I tell where my hub is weak?

You feel you wrote a good hub but the score is low...how can you figure out what is wrong with it or what's missing?

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

The site moderators and various Hubbers have posted great tips brink proving your hubs. Do a search for 'flagship hubs,' 'raising your score' and a few other terms. Check your spelling and look for grammar errors (there are good hubs on that as well). 

Do your topics appeal to a wide audience or a narrow group of people?  Hub hoppers are not likely to rate 'up' on an article with limited appeal, so it may take a while to get a higher score. All hubs take time before their scores go up.

Check for readability - do you have paragraph breaks and section (capsule) breaks, with photos added to attract the reader?  I've seen some great writing buried in hard-to-read hubs that needed a boost for visual appeal.

Best of luck - you'll do it!

3. plussize-lingerie profile image60
    plussize-lingerieposted 6 years ago

Almost all hubs start out with a low score, so don't be put off it's a problem with hubs as you publish them. They go up rapidly over the first few days after you've published them as they get traffic from the "Latest" section and the hub hopper and people rank them.

If it's a long standing hub with a low score, then it's likely to be down to low traffic, so all you can do is try to increase traffic, with external links, such as from forums, etc.

4. sammyx360 profile image39
    sammyx360posted 6 years ago

i have the same question , some time its unfair , they  unpublish  ur hub , and asked u to revised ur hub and never give u an answer ( why they did it ) .with me they don't let me add new hub , unpublish my 8 hubs , no one can see it now , and where to find help ????

5. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

One thing you can do is post a link to your Hub in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum: http://hubpages.com/forum/23

Other users can give you valuable feedback based on their own experiences!