FINALLY! 1000 Views

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (40 posts)
  1. broussardleslie profile image71
    broussardleslieposted 14 years ago

Man, it seems like it took FOREVER!

What should my next goal be?

1. Animal World profile image60
      Animal Worldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Way to go,...I'm just begining,..LOL. One day I will be like you,..LOL

broussardleslieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Set a goal, AnimalWorld, and do whatever it takes to get there.

My problem was not setting any goals for the first six weeks I was here...I just randomly wrote whenever I felt like it.  Some people get 1000 page views in half the time it took me!

1. Animal World profile image60
          Animal Worldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got my goals set, however my computor isn't with the program,...it keeps goofing up,...LOL.

2. thranax profile image71
      thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gratz!!! Now get 2,000

xD

~thranax~

I'm on my way, Thranax! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

3. chenmikehk profile image38
      chenmikehkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! That is my aim before I apply for Adsense, or should I apply for it when I reach 500?

1. dohn121 profile image79
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should apply for Adsense ASAP.  The sooner you do, the sooner you make bank.

1. chenmikehk profile image38
          chenmikehkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh. Thanks for the advice.

4. Ladybird33 profile image66
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is awesome, be proud!!!!

Thanks, Ladybird! I really am very proud. As I stated elsewhere, my new goal is to learn about SEO and backlinks and all that jazz. I have 20 hubs that I think I can tweak to make actual money.

5. elisabethkcmo profile image76
      elisabethkcmoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

World Peace???

HAHA Yes, definitely. I do try. A lot of my hubs and forum posts are about respectful listening.

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

A million bucks in AdSense earnings? And congrats on your achievement!

Thank you, lrohner.  Since I just made my first $10 in Adsense, maybe $50 is a more attainable goal? LOL

3. Laura du Toit profile image67
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! broussardleslie

I think once you've broken that 1,000 the next 1,000 comes a lot quicker smile

Thank you, Laura du Toit!  I sure hope so wink  That was a LOT of work! (But fun all at the same time!)

4. Laura du Toit profile image67
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! broussardleslie

I think once you've broken that 1,000 the next 1,000 comes a lot quicker smile

Next goal should be to get and stay at 100 hubber score. That should be easy - you are so, so close! smile

Good Luck!

That is an excellent goal, Laura (may I call you that?), I just don't really understand the how the hubber score is calculated. It seems to fluctuate back and forth a couple points every day. I better research smile

Thank you for the suggestion!

5. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

congrats - write more hubbs
    and the next 1000 will come in no time smile

That is an excellent suggestion, too, Starme77. I hope to write an additional 10 hubs in October. That would bring me to 30. I might be able to write more, but I want to focus first on the quality.

Thank you for the congratulations. It feels so good to finally have achieved some sort of recognition!

6. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

way to go!!! big_smile that's a great achievement!!

Thank you, Janetta! I know it is a little egotistical to create a forum just to brag about an accomplishment, but I am really so proud of my efforts smile

Hopefully, I can encourage others to set some goals, too!

7. Rehma Jamshed profile image60
    Rehma Jamshedposted 14 years ago

Wow !! Great Work broussardleslie!

Thank you, Rehma Jamshed!

I've bookmarked your hub about concealer to read asap - I've always wondered how to use that stuff!

Keep writing helpful hubs and you'll be there in no time smile

8. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Leslie

I couldn't have done it without you, Scott.

9. maggs224 profile image79
    maggs224posted 14 years ago

Congratulations and well done, you have made much more on adsense than I have and you have been here for a lot less time so you must be doing something right.

I think there is no limit to what you can do especially if you follow some of the good advice you have been given by your hubber friends on this hangout.

Thank you for the encouragment, Maggs224. It has been such a blessing to me to have my writing read.

10. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

I broke the 1000 mark this weekend aswell - congrats.

Luke.

11. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Yippee!

Now on to 10,000!

Thank you for the encouragement, Flightkeeper!

Oh! Laura - I definitely think you are right, the second 1000 will come MUCH faster, as it only took the weekend to get to 1100 smile

12. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Smart people read Leslie's stuff its a proven fact....so if you don't want to be stupid you better go read her stuff NOW!!

You're too much wink

I wish I knew how to pay you back for all you've done for me.

1. profile image0
        Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Keep writing be famous and have a great life, then I will be happy.

2. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok Scott, gees your scaring me. lol

13. dohn121 profile image79
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Congrats Lesley!  You deserve it!  And yes, the next 1,000 will come in a jiffy smile Great job.

Thanks, Dohn. It's always nice knowing my "fans" support me smile

14. gamerjon profile image61
    gamerjonposted 14 years ago

You are fantastic, 1000 is hard to get, you must be absolutely gifted. Keep up the great work and try to achieve 2000 soon. You can do it smile

Thank you, gamerjon!

You'll achieve 1000 before you know it - keep writing hubs that are helpful smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)