jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why would you unpublish a hub?

1. parentsreview profile image81
    parentsreviewposted 6 years ago

Why would you unpublish a hub?

I have heard a lot about people unpublishing hubs, but I don't understand why a person would do it.  What's the benefit?  Thanks.

2. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

I've read some hubs that suggest that by unpublishing hubs with low scores, your hub score improves.

3. Bukarella profile image86
    Bukarellaposted 6 years ago

Hubbing is a learning process. It takes time to understand what really works, and what hubs are meant to be. I have unpublished a couple of early hubs that lacked in both, quality and visitors. I didn't feel like sprucing those up, so I just deleted them.

I'm not sure if there are any other reasons to unpublish a hub, but there is my reasoning. smile

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I've probably unpublished or outright deleted more than twenty hubs in the past month or two.

Most of those I simply moved to one of my blogs on blogger because they really shouldn't have ever been hub pages to begin with, but rather, blogs.

In other words - if something isn't performing well here, then my subdomain will benefit from me getting rid of it.  I seldom just delete something from the entire web - but I've done that too.  I generally like stuff I created enough to just move it to another place...where it still might get an advert click or something some day.

I've also got several hubs unpublished due to me learning new things which allow me to see ....tons of bad information on those hubs that needs to be corrected....

5. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

A few scenarios necessitate unpublishing of hubs. Older hubs with low score and poor quality on topics that are no longer relevant are better removed from your account. Else, they will bring down your hubber score. HubPages says so. If the web address entered is incorrect, there is no other way to rectify it other than unpublish the hub and start a new one with the same content. I am sure there are more reasons, but they elude me now.

6. DonnaCosmato profile image98
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

I've been unpublishing/delete low performing articles; however, I did try tweaking keywords, adding videos, maps, quizzes and so forth to improve traffic before making a final decision. Much as it pains me to admit it, not everything I write is popular with my audience:)

working