jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is there anyone here who doesn't participate or has little inclination

1. lorenmurcia profile image89
    lorenmurciaposted 6 years ago

Is there anyone here who doesn't participate or has little inclination

to participate in HP contests?

2. beezico profile image76
    beezicoposted 6 years ago

I have not been too drawn towards participation, but really felt I have to take the giant step in this direction. The whole idea for me is not to be the most outstanding but to receive a constructive critique in the whole process. That is winning for me!

3. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I am not familiar with HP contests so will have to look into that. Perhaps HP could make a more blatant promotion of contests on the homepage when we sign in. Maybe a lot of people, like myself, are not aware of the contests to have the option to participate.

4. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I tried contests early on and found out I don't like the pace.  I don't produce my best quality when cranking out content quickly, so I just ignore them now.

5. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

I haven't participated in any contests yet but I do plan to this time around.  I didn't participate in the last one, because creative writing is something that would need extra work for me, and there was no way I could get up to speed to actually win anything.  I had plenty of other topics I preferred to write about.

This time, we are given two months to write a hub or more.  We can answer any question, so the topic is very open as well.

For those who were unaware of the contest, I think HubPages does all they can to announce a contest.  The contest link is in the black bar at the top of the page.  There is also a topic in the forums, a blog post, and it is mentioned in the newsletter.  Some hubs have also mentioned it.