jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I want to buy a book advertised on a fellow hubber's page. I don't know if I am

1. snakeslane profile image85
    snakeslaneposted 6 years ago

I want to buy a book advertised on a fellow hubber's page. I don't know if I am 'allowed'.

Are we allowed to click on ads that are not on our own pages? Or are Hub Pages ads strictly hands off?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

If it is on eBay or Google, just search the title.

3. itakins profile image85
    itakinsposted 6 years ago

You are definitely allowed click on ads on other hubbers' pages-it's all part of the adsense programme which enables the hubber and 'Hubpages' to earn money by each click.(Divided 60/40 between HP and hubber).
    You are perfectly free to buy a book advertised on another hubber's hub.If it is advertised in their Amazon capsule ,they will earn commission when you purchase.If it is on a google ad ...there is no reason why not -,the writer will gain from the click only and not the purchase in that case.
    It's an essential part of revenue creation for all.
    Never ever though click on your own page ads -or never ask anyone to do it on your behalf ...that's a serious no-no and you risk losing your own right to use adsense.

4. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can click on other people's hub but it is a no-no on your own. Which is disappointing because I have seen some things which I was really interested in on some of my hubs. One of them, I could not find it when I tried.

5. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

why not? anybody is allowed to buy stuff advertised on another persons hub. I think it is fine as long as you are not clicking your own ads to make money!

6. snakeslane profile image85
    snakeslaneposted 6 years ago

Thanks guys. I am getting the message that it is ok to click on any ads except our own.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image94
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't--- even though I would be happy to give another hubber an extra ten cents, I don't want to risk even the slight appearance of being 'evil'.  Once you do wrong in the eyes of Adsense, you can't be reinstated.
    It 'might' be OK if you are really buying, but I'm not a risk taker, I guess.
    If you are clicking on other people's ads just to be nice-- it can backfire, both for you and for them.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It is okay to click on Amazon and Ebay ads of other Hubbers but it is not allowed to click on other Hubber's Adsense ads.

Paul Edmondson posted this last year and I haven't heard that anything has changed

"We've thought a bit about this and we do reduce the number of ads for logged in people.

Clicking on other people's ads is a big no,no and will likely result in getting banned from AdSense and HubPages."

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/67737#post1483104

working