jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why is a "ranking high" so important to online writers?

1. K9keystrokes profile image91
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

Why is a "ranking high" so important to online writers?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

For the same reason as needing ranking for website and blog. If your article is hidden among thousands, without a decent ranking, it won't be seen, therefore not read which equal zero views.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Simple.  If your Hub or website doesn't rank on Google, no one is going to find it, so no one will ever read it.

4. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

If your article is ranking high you will be on the first page of google search engine. People will easily find you because most often searchers will just see the first page, click one or two sites and then go. But if you are not ranking, your article will just be deep in line with thousands of other articles and websites and  it will not be found by readers.

And that is why we are doing our best to rank high if we want to earn revenue.

5. kittyjj profile image70
    kittyjjposted 6 years ago

Ranking high means your link will show on the first page.  And I am one of those people who won't spend too much time to go on to the next page when the first page already has what I look for.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

If you're referring to the author score...then the answer is "vanity."

So far as page rank of articles....shoot, I'm always confident that I can rank well for the topics that I write in.  Of course were I trying to scribe something about the GOP's proclivities towards social and economic injustice in the past ten years.....then someone better wish me luck, as that would be a high competition topic.

I tend to think that socially saturated news or entertainment topics are pretty boring anyway.

working