jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Online writers, what makes you leave/stay with any writing site?

1. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Online writers, what makes you leave/stay with any writing site?

2. cindyvine profile image83
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

One tends to stay if it's a friendly interactive community.

3. myownworld profile image80
    myownworldposted 8 years ago

Smooth running, (mostly) glitch free system and tools to help publish your work and earn from it...a responsive, professional staff running it....nice selection of co-writers...plus a great forum to interact with others!

4. profile image54
    SpaceAgeposted 8 years ago

i wrote 4 yahoo answers until i heard of web answers & hub pages actually PAYING writers! "$$$ talks, bs walks"

5. Obscure Divine profile image54
    Obscure Divineposted 8 years ago

The convenience of the accessible community, potential for revenue share, and the automatic ad placement within your grammatical works, makes it an overall easy-to-use site full of entertainment and possible monetary gains!

6. profile image0
    Duchess OBluntposted 8 years ago

I have tried a few out and here are my reasons for not staying.
    1.  The site is not monitored properly and people are allowed to do what they want including using other people's work.
    2.  The material you write does not belong to you.  (yes this happens)
    3.  The people are not friendly

What keeps me here at hubpages so far?
    1.  The people are friendly
    2.  HubPages does a great job of monitoring this site for duplication and overly promotional hubs (I know, I've had both happen to me)
    3.  The hubs I write belong to me.

7. karlscabin profile image56
    karlscabinposted 8 years ago

I would have to say being treated fairly, is the key for any site keeping anyone. Making the statement that you consider yourself a learning platform, and then allowing punishment for mistakes, instead of guidence, isnt treating people fairly....

8. profile image43
    sheldon101posted 7 years ago

I am acutally new to this .I have wanteed to write for a long time now.I  have a manuscript in the works but  i have not had the material copyrighted. I  checked out several sites and found this to be a reputable company.

Closed to reply