jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What advantage is there to assigning your hubs to a "group"?

1. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

What advantage is there to assigning your hubs to a "group"?

I have just discovered the "group" tab when creating new hubs, where you can put hubs into custom groups according to subject matter.
    Is there an advantage to this feature, eg increased traffic, or is it just for your own use and organisational purposes?

2. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Mostly because it allows you the author to sort your hubs into groups for your readers. It also allows the hubs to be grouped on your profile page. Not all of our readers are interested in everything we write and grouping things like short stories together or even chapters of a book helps readers find what they are looking for.

3. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

The big advantage I find is that at the bottom of each hub, directly under the line of Vote Up, Share, etc. buttons, a link shows for my hubs I have grouped both before and after this hub in that group. So, other hubs I have grouped together in that topic  have a kind of chain linkage a reader could cycle through from hub to hub in a given group. I don't know if I am explaining this very clearly, but hopefully if you look under the Vote Up line of buttons and click on a few, you'll see what I mean. We can control what hub titles of ours that appear there by changing the ordering of hubs within each of our groups.

4. krosch profile image61
    kroschposted 6 years ago

The biggest advantage is the automatic links at the bottom of your hubs in groups to other hubs in the same group. This makes it a lot easier to get extra cross traffic on related hubs.

5. Ironman1992 profile image59
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I don't know for sure, but I think it is mostly for your own use to help you organise your hubs.

6. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

thanks for all your replies, they have greatly helped my understanding of this feature.

I have grouped a few of my hubs now, and can see the links to other hubs in the group at the end of each article, which seems very useful.

working