jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why is my hub considered substandard?

1. colpolbear profile image95
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

Why is my hub considered substandard?

I've tried to fix this Hub twice now. The message I've received is "Your Hub has been identified as incomplete or poorly structured."   

It's over 1600 words long and contains decent and reasonably formatted information and pics.  I've checked over spelling and grammar several times.  It's titled "How to Perform a Statistical Survey." 

I put a video at the top of the Hub (small and beside text) because it fit in at that point and basically just gave a practical use of what my Hub is about.  Could that be it?  Besides that, I'm stumped.  I don't want to submit it and have my account deleted.

2. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

Did you double check your categories, tags, and summary? Is your ad level set appropriately? Sorry, I know I'm new but had a similar situation once and it turned out to be something so simple that I'd just overlooked it by concentrating on the Hub itself for errors. Just a thought. Good luck.

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You will need to contact the moderation team for more specific information if you can't figure it out.  Regular site users can't see the Hub so any advice here would just be a blind guess.

4. colpolbear profile image95
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

How would I go about contacting the moderation team?  I looked around but can't figure out how to go about doing that.

5. JamaGenee profile image84
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

Obviously, if it's over 1600 words it's not "incomplete", so "poorly structured" would seem to be the culprit.  Without being able to see the hub, I'm guessing it's "poor spelling or grammar that interferes with the readability/credibility of the Hub". That definition is from the Moderation: Substandard in the Learning Center under Help.

As for contacting the Moderation Team, I couldn't find a way either other than doing what you think needs to be done to correct the problem and re-publishing.  Is there someone whose opinion you trust at your home or work who can look at the hub and tell you how "readable" it is?

6. hoteltravel profile image70
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

You can contact HubPages team by clicking 'help' button on top right corner of the screen and clicking on the 'Contact Us' link in the second paragraph. You just need to choose your grievance from a list of options given. There is one for your case as well. Hope this is helpful.

7. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image75
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 6 years ago

Could it be too long? Maybe you could split it over two hubs. Is the subject of your text acceptable?