jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I am thinking about posting some of my hubs on Digg.com. What are the pros and c

1. JamesPoppell profile image84
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

I am thinking about posting some of my hubs on Digg.com. What are the pros and cons of doing this?

2. CZCZCZ profile image83
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

I prefer Reddit over Digg, but posting both is fine.  I have not spent much tie on digg for the last few years so not sure.

3. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

I LOVE Digg.com It brings me an usual amount of traffic to my work. Just do not post the same article more than once per day on the site. It can be considered spam, and you can be banned.

4. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

The same pros and cons that apply to doing that anywhere.  Read the Learning Center articles first.

Also realize that Digg traffic is generally useless for income and unlikely to do anything beyond pumping up your stats for a few days.

Diggers can also be nasty and they aren't always the brightest people.  If your hub can be misunderstood, they'll be the ones who will do it.  If that happens with the first Digger and that one makes a bad rating, the rest usually follow like lemmings.

On the other hand, if they like it, you'll get a giant burst of traffic and maybe some legitimate links.

However - Diggers prefer to see your page recommended by someone who isn't you and that they trust..

5. Drtruthman profile image77
    Drtruthmanposted 6 years ago

I find Digg very useful and helps to increase traffic to all my sights. The amount of comments and hits (for me anyway) is dramatically different when I do not utilize it.
    I also find friendfinder helpful as well as stumbleupon. Everyone seems to have a different experience with what services work and what doesn't, so you  have just experiment. Don't forget to use LinkedIn and Tumblr as well. As long as you keep your general score above 80 where the search engine crawlers can find you easy enough, you really don't have to worry, over time the hits will come and contrary to popular belief circulated here, it is over all score and total views or hits which are important as that is what Google Adsense and Amazon care about. Hope it helps.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

If they are currently published hubs, wouldn't that be considered duplicate content - which is forbidden here.

7. Josh Lakie profile image55
    Josh Lakieposted 6 years ago

I do not know if I would use digg, I tried it and it literally did nothing for me and I got no traffic from it. The only sites I had some success with are stumbleupon, redgage and reddit. I actually have a hub about it if you want to check it out, called Instant Traffic.

8. JamesPoppell profile image84
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone for these terrific answers. I have decided not to post anything on Digg. I appreciate all of your help.