How do You Get Traffic From Reddit to Your Hubs? Anyone doing this successfully?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. afriqnet profile image65
    afriqnetposted 11 years ago

How do You Get Traffic From Reddit to Your Hubs? Anyone doing this successfully?

2. Rob Winters profile image76
    Rob Wintersposted 11 years ago

Once you've registered you can click on the 'Submit a link' button on the home page.You'll then be brought to a form where you can submit a link (that's what you'll want for traffic) or text.Then enter a title, the url for your link and choose a category or what's know as a 'subreddit' for where you'd like your link to go.This last step is the most important in my experience.Finding the right subreddit seems to be crucial in whether or not you'll get any traffic from reddit.If you don't know what subreddit you are looking for just try typing different words that relate to the subject matter of your link into the 'choose a subreddit field' and you'll see drop down options that might match.

In terms of success it seems very hit and miss.You'll often post a link and get zero traffic in return but occassionally you may get a spike of dozens or even hundreds of hits from reddit although the spike and traffic drops off quickly and usually disappears altogether within 2 or 3 days at most.I'm not sure if being very active within the reddit community helps much as i've not done this. Some hubbers have reported hostility from hardocre reddit members who don't appreciate hubbers posting links there.

Don't try to post more than a couple of links every day or two as the system will lock you out.They also don't appreciate repeat posting of the same links.It is quick though so i'll usually post a link to a new hub etc. once or maybe twice (seperated by a day or two) if i'm not sure on the best subreddit to choose.Usually i'll get zip but occassionaly i've gotten some decent if fleeting spikes from reddit so it's worth the few seconds it takes to submit.

1. DS Duby profile image83
      DS Dubyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

perfect explanation, I have a lot of success from reddit following this same procedure.

2. afriqnet profile image65
      afriqnetposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your perfect answer.

3. ChristyWrites profile image79
      ChristyWritesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank-you for the great advice about Reddit! Perhaps I will give it another try

4. Rob Winters profile image76
      Rob Wintersposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your welcome guys.Definitely worth a try Christy :-)

3. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

I have found this is a real waste of time and do not even go back to this site anymore. I tried to post in the correct subreddit and I am not sure if it is because I am posting from Brazil and from a very slow ISP, but, when I try to post there is always an incorrect captcha, and when I ask them to update it a message comes on to my screen "you seem to be posting a lot here lately, try again in an hour" but if I try it again the same message comes on my screen. It happened every day I tried. (Maybe you will have more luck posting from Kenya, but if you keep getting the message do not be surprised.)
    I thought maybe Reddit consider my posts too spammy, so I went on the dog subreddit to answer questions, registered, etc, but the same thing keeps happening.
    Every day I get visitors from stumbleupon, from pinterest, and from search engines like google and yahoo--I have never had one visitor from reddit and am not going to waste time there anymore.

1. DS Duby profile image83
      DS Dubyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you just need to confirm your email address with reddit. I had the same problem at first

2. afriqnet profile image65

Thank you for sharing your experience I will try my luck there

3. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I did confirm my email address. That is not the problem.

4. Rob Winters profile image76
      Rob Wintersposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Being active on reddit does build Karma (i think thats what they call it) which may allow you to post more frequently.The site can become very frustrating if they deem you to have posted too often.Post a few comments & try again in a few days.

4. Learn Things Web profile image91
    Learn Things Webposted 11 years ago

To be successful with any of these sites, you need to build up a following and be actively involved. I'm currently building up a following on Twitter. It's time consuming to find people to follow and to find things to tweet about. I also set up an account with delicious.com but I haven't done much with it yet. I want to focus on a couple of sites and try to get as many followers as I can. But it does require some time every day.

1. afriqnet profile image65

Thanks for your contribution

5. A K Turner profile image63
    A K Turnerposted 11 years ago

Yeah i did for a few days, but it didn't last, to be honest, I know how to get it if I want it, essentially you need to lie. the problem with using reddit is that some people do not like clicking off of the actual website.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

The most traffic I ever got was from Reddit was the first time I ever used it. I posted links to 3 hubs and the next day I had 1000 hits, I was not generally getting more than 100 a day at that time. So, you can get significant traffic from it. It slowed gradually over the next week, but occasionally I still get a hit or two from Reddit, even though I haven't been posting there in a long time.

My later efforts were not as successful, and often the hubs will be trapped in their spam filter, and you don't know it unless you go and look at recent posts and see that your post is not there.

I was just posting my hubs by their titles, but someone else here suggested that if you say something clever, and post your link, you're more likely to escape the wrath of the spam filter.

7. Omnivium profile image62
    Omniviumposted 11 years ago

None of my hubs even showed up in search. I think they were blocked by a spam blocker. Stumbleupon works a lot better for me, but it is inconsistent.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)