Apprenticeship Program ~ We Know Who You Are Now...

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (78 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Yep, the latest blog post ratted you out. big_smile

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/07/apprentice-badges/

Just kidding, congrats to all who are accepted. I intend to apply in maybe another month or two; fate willing and the river don't rise...

Meanwhile, maybe all you folks with that little "a" might share your experiences here. And all us folks without the little "a" can then torture you. big_smile

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
      Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol   
      Best to you when you decide to apply.  smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

roll

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I have been doing it for 2 months but I am not continuing. I imagine the tag will disappear in a week or so smile

paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

From what I read about it, too much time demands?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's okay for some but I found 8 a month too much because of everything else I am doing.

That's kind of deterred me as well. I'm waiting until I can make it my main project in life for awhile.

2. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

damn that was quick - tag gone and only two days on the clock big_smile

3. Denise Handlon profile image86

Uninvited Writer: Good for you for giving it a go around.  I have NOT applied because 1. fear of rejection  lol  2.  time commitments !!!  3. TIME COMMITMENTS...it really takes a lot of determination to do 8 quality hubs a month and no fiction/no poetry/ X # of words, etc...

4. paradigmsearch profile image61

No Apprenticeship stories out there...?

5. profile image0
    whowasposted 11 years ago

No stories yet but i have a start date of August 1st.

I'll come back here and let you all know how I'm finding it once I've had chance to find out myself!

All the best,

smile

1. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great Whowas! I look forward to reading those hubs of yours!
      paradigmsearch, most the information for writing come straight from information found in the learning center. The challenge is to produce search friendly topics using adwords key word search. Feedback is given from your mentor (mine is Robin Edmondson). One thing I like the most is the support I get from my team of fellow hubbers. There is a healthy mixture of seasoned hubbers and "newbies" which is nice.

1. profile image0
        whowasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Summerberrie! Always a pleasure to hear from you, thank you.

I see you have your little 'a' already - how's it going? I must check out your most recent stuff again now. I'm really looking forward to being part of it - and well done to you, you deserve very great success.

1. profile image0

It is going great. It is a challenge to write those eight hubs when life jumps in the way, but it has all been well worth it. In the 4th month now and will complete it in September if I can hang in there until the end. You are so kind as always - I really do look forward to your hubs.

1. profile image0

You keep going at it, summerberrie. I have every confidence in your success, I genuinely do. And  thank you for your generous encouragement, I hope I won't let you down!

I just left you a comment on your beautiful hub about the sea turtles.

smile

1. profile image0

Thank you! I know you want let me down. I will be standing right by you the whole way (not that you'd need it- just moral support from a hubber friend)! Off to read your comment-they are always so encouraging and insightful.

2. Denise Handlon profile image86

Congratulations to you whowas.  smile

6. TahoeDoc profile image78
    TahoeDocposted 11 years ago

Hey there- I'm a little "a". Haha- just kidding, I mean I have a little "a"…no, not really so much true either.

I'm on month 4 of the apprenticeship program- that's it.

I have definitely learned or reminded myself of some SEO stuff during my time in the apprenticeship. The learning center has some useful stuff that I wouldn't have taken the time to read or consider if I wasn't doing the program. I have refined title research and made sure subtitles could also be searchable. Basic stuff, probably, for people with pre-existing knowledge of search optimization.

I started during a time when my traffic was soaring and picking up momentum. I was finally starting to earn a little extra money from HubPages. Unfortunately, I seem to have been knocked down by the latest google-slap. I have continued to publish my 8 hubs per month (this month will be the first time I find it very challenging - lots of extra other stuff to do). When my traffic went up & up before, the only thing I wished was that I had more hubs to earn from. I hope that Papa-G comes to his senses soon and I get my traffic back (although it seems I have finally beat WebMD, etc for a couple keywords r/t anesthesia side effects). If/When I get traffic, I will have lots of hubs to make some dollars from. My goal is modest- I just want to pay for ski passes for me & the kiddos for the winter. I just set that as a random goal because it seemed do-able.

Anyway, if you are going to write on hubpages and have the opportunity to do the program, I suggest it. For me, it kept me thinking about writing instead of putting it off for another day.

I know it is a tough course...good for you.  Hang in there  smile

7. Daughter Of Maat profile image93
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

I just got taken off the waiting list. I'm pretty excited, I start the program on Aug 1st. I'm really not very good at SEO, and I've never really understood how to choose keywords, so I'm really looking forward to this.

@TahoeDoc, What type of topics have you been writing about? Have any of them been something you know nothing about? Or have they all been on things like anesthesia?

1. TahoeDoc profile image78
      TahoeDocposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have written only my niche articles (anesthesia) since starting the program-- building my brand, so to speak. It's been good for me to review these topics anyway, since I have my recertification exam next week (have to take board exam every 10 years, sigh). Hubs tend to be a nice overview of information that I would explain to patients. So I write the hub, which is like an intro to the topic. As in many things, if you can explain complex concepts in "real" words, you can be more sure you understand it. Then I spend time reading in depth about that topic for my exam, then move on to the next. I have so much studying/reading to do, that the challenge for me has been to save time for completion of the hubs.

I think that's a good approach for all in this program. Write what you know, what you think about or do everyday. It still requires work and time and research to put the hub together, but it's better than having to learn something brand new every time you write a hub.

Also, I have a tendency to write very, very long hubs. I've gotten better at dividing these- getting two for the price (time) of one.

Good luck to all who join. Start thinking about your brand and brainstorm some ideas that fit into that niche. You will learn to optimize the titles and such starting in month 2, but you will be ahead of the game if you have some ideas lined up.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image93
        Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's great advice. Thank you!

I'm assuming the first month they give you articles to write?

1. TahoeDoc profile image78

Yep, the first month, you have the titles already prepared for you. I liked that, actually, but am now glad I get to pick my own.

You will do great!

2. JustMike profile image64
        JustMikeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Since you are taking this board exam think of how many other thousands of docs are taking it as well around the country. There is a guy online and I can't find his original site but his site for his test study guides for the Green Leed certification is here http://www.greenexamacademy.com/ you might consider setting up a site and writing some study guides for the board exam for sale as he has done for the LEED exam you might email him and talk to him about it. It may be a way to put all this studying to good use.

Congratulations Daughter of Maat...I'm sure you'll do great  smile

TahoeDoc-good for you for establishing that niche.  I'd forgotten about that advice in the newsletter...it just seems very simple to write what I know or am interested in...Good luck with the boards!

8. leahlefler profile image94
    leahleflerposted 11 years ago

The apprenticeship program is well worth the time invested - but don't apply unless you can absolutely commit to at least 8 high quality hubs per month. I've learned a lot - all of the information is in the learning center, but each month focuses on a different theme and the feedback from the team mentor and from the rest of the apprenticeship team is extremely helpful. The title information has been the most useful for me - it is all in the LC but the program has individual lessons that walk you through the information.

I am in the second month of the program and this month focuses on title selection and SEO. In the first month of the program, you must write hubs based on the titles given to you (based on your area of interest).

My earnings are up (aside from the bonuses) and I highly recommend applying for the program.

I agree...the commitment is what has held me back from applying earlier.  I've had too many other things going on in my personal life for me to be able to fully dedicate myself to the program and I was not going to start something I would eventually feel frustrated about.   

Thanks for your input.  smile  and congratulations.

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I'm in Month Four, along with Summerberrie and TahoeDoc and a host of other wonderful team members. As everyone has said, I highly recommend it.  While it's true that most of the information we get (if not all) is available in the LC, the feedback helps tremendously to let you know if you're doing things in the best way, and the team support is terrific.  Even if you're already producing many hubs each month, the program can slow you down a bit due to the additional requirements and the time we spend reading the work of our team members.  And, as has been mentioned, life happens and can put a hitch in things. July has been tough for several of us - but having the support of our team is a huge motivator. 

I like the fact that the program sets goals for us each month (regarding some types of hubs to write, or using certain capsules). The lessons complement the goals, and we either learn new things (maybe someone hasn't used the quiz capsule yet, etc.) or refine and improve things we are already doing.

Everything that's been said here about making certain you can produce at least eight high-quality hubs is very true. Even if you have done the 30/30 challenge, you might find the program challenging due to the specific goals set for us.  But it is so worth it.  If you already know a lot about SEO, search-friendly titles, how to use all the great publishing tools the site offers, etc. etc., you might already know all the program offers.  But if you're still learning about online publishing, you will gain valuable skills.

Good for you, Marcy.  It's really nice to see the 'a' on the hubbers who are in the program.  We've all been wondering b/c it was such a mystery.  Now, mystery solved and we can share the progress everyone is making.  smile

10. Julie DeNeen profile image75
    Julie DeNeenposted 11 years ago

Hello all!
    I received an acceptance letter about a month or so back. They said I was able to be a part of the program, but since there were a bunch of people ahead of me, I had to "sit tight" and wait. Can anyone tell me how long I should expect to wait before I'll be able to start?

Thanks so much!
    Julie

I got my acceptance letter in June, and just got notice today that I'm starting on August 1st. I don't know if that helps you or not lol

1. Julie DeNeen profile image75
        Julie DeNeenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well I spoke too soon...my email came today!!! YEA! smile

YAY!! Are you starting on the 1st? I just go the email about future emails lol

I think I'm too excited.. I need to calm down lol

Congrats to you both   smile    Well done  (I understand that applying was the 'EASY' part)  lol

11. ChaplinSpeaks profile image94
    ChaplinSpeaksposted 11 years ago

I can only say good things about the program.  I am in the 5th month and so happy I stuck with it.  It has been a challenge for me to write 8 quality hubs per month.
    As a few others have said - the lessons come directly from the learning center.  Being in the program, though, gives you a chance to bounce around ideas with other members and mentors.  There is also the feeling of teamwork to help you along.
    It is a very positive experience, and it would have taken a long time for me to figure out on my own how online writing really works.  I now get a paycheck every month, as before I was only making pennies.
    It has been very motivating, so yes, I give the program a big thumbs up!

Wow, reading all the replies from current apprentices has made me even more excited! Yay! lol

Good for you, ChaplinSpeaks.  It's so nice to see who is in the program now.  Some of the hubs I read before from everyone, had me wondering.  smile

12. Jean Bakula profile image92
    Jean Bakulaposted 11 years ago

Please let us know what you think of the program. I have considered it. I can write 8 articles in a month, the issue now is that I'm writing on several sites including my own, and I think I should be making more money. I love the writing though, and my style isn't really suited well to online writing, so I think I could benefit from it.

smile

13. paradigmsearch profile image61

A lot of good info was posted here. Thanks Everyone!!! smile smile smile

14. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

I haven't had any problems writing 8 hubs a month. In fact, I almost always write 24 a month, the max number for bonuses. I've learned quite a bit, too, and I haven't found the lessons difficult to understand or implement. I especially like the personal feedback. I'd recommend the program to anyone!

1. Shanna11 profile image74
      Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jeepers! 24 a month? I think I would drop dead of sheer exhaustion if I tried to do that.

I think it depends on each person's personal schedule.  Some are actually more available and free to write uninterrupted than others.  For those who are in full time jobs, with or without young family obligations, kudos to you for hanging in there with the 8 or more.  It isn't easy juggling everything, that's for sure!

15. adjkp25 profile image89
    adjkp25posted 11 years ago

I'm in the second group with summerberrie, TahoeDoc, Marcy, habee and a few others.  It has been a great experience and it will definitely help you become a better writer, I know it has helped me.

It certainly hasn't hurt being grouped with great people too!

For those getting ready to start their apprenticeships good luck, you won't regret it.

16. profile image0
    whowasposted 11 years ago

Hi everyone, there are now so many responses here that I have found very insightful, honest and useful - so thanks to everyone. I find it all very encouraging indeed.

Work hard and good luck to one and all!

wink

Hey whowas, I think we might be starting the apprenticeship at the same time! Oh I hope we're in the same group, you're such an inspiring writer!

big_smile

1. profile image0

Daughter Of Maat, well it could be, couldn't it? You are very kind. I'd be delighted to be in the same group as you.

I haven't had an email about further emails yet, however. Just the one inviting me on and asking me to reply, which I did. I dare say it will arrive in due course. smile

17. Julie DeNeen profile image75
    Julie DeNeenposted 11 years ago

Yes I am..we must be in the same group smile

18. Shanna11 profile image74
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

I'm in the first group of apprentices and it is very time consuming, at least for me... I'm attending school and I also work a full time job. It's demanding, but it's SUCH a good opportunity. Most days I still can't believe I got to be a part of it.

It is tough when you are balancing so many other things...good for you! smile

19. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I think it's very important to take into account the time the program will require.  As with Shanna and many others, I do other work, too (consulting and teaching at a university).  Several people have busy careers, and many have kids or grandkids.  Summer seems to be more hectic for some and bit less hectic for others. 

One great thing about participating is that you learn the right way or preferred way to do things.  In my case, I had to relearn how to properly cite photos and where to get photos we can legally use (hint - not Google Images).  Those things seem small, but they're important.  Everyone is different, so some are learning more about effective layout, aome are learning about using quizzes and polls, some might be getting new tips on quality content, etc.  Some lessons might be new information one month and old hat the next.  We all have different strengths and writing backgrounds, and everyone brings something different to the group.

1. profile image0

Marcy, that's a fine contribution to the discussion: sensible, reasoned and balanced. Excellent points. Thanks for that. smile

Marcy-those are some great points! smile

20. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

I must admit to feeling very left out now that I can see the hubbers involved in the program.

I applied and was told to reapply in six months, but it felt to me like a brush-off, much like when the CEO told everyone that my hubs didn't read well aloud.

I might not have time in six months to undertake it, but  most likely if I reapplied I would be told again to wait another six months.

Writing here is becoming like being in a private club, of which I am not a member.

I might just go back to blogging.

1. Julie DeNeen profile image75
      Julie DeNeenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Aw IzzyM- don't feel left out. We are all on here, working together as a team. I am sorry you felt brushed off, but you have a place here on Hubpages. Don't let rejection stop you from doing what you love!

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Aw thanks Julie, you've made me feel better!

I'm sorry you experienced that, Izzy.  I know it isn't easy being asked to reapply or feeling 'left out'.  I'm sure all of us have experienced that feeling at some point or another in our lives-so, you aren't alone.

Still...I can certainly understand wanting to be part of the active learning group and getting selected to do so.  Hang in there and hopefully you will reconsider the re-application process.  smile   Hugs to you.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61

Now..., now... big_smile

I've seen your other posts where you relate that you are starting to do well again. This will always be your home. And you know it. big_smile

1. IzzyM profile image86

Yes, on other accounts not on this one. Maybe I don't need the classes? Maybe that's why they put me off?

Hmmm...

Anyone I am thinking of going back to blogging. Need to do something if I ever want to see another Adsense payment...

On the other hand, you are right, this is my home. My online home anyway...

Let me know if you ever get an adsense click on your blog, I sure haven't. lol

And I get daily traffic, too.

1. IzzyM profile image86

I've got dozens of blogs, many of which are in desperate need of updating!! And yes they do get the odd adsense click, in spite of that.

If you're going to blog, to make money you need to write within a niche and make all your titles, subtitles etc search-friendly, much as you have to do here.

And Google does rank them quite well. The other search engines don't, but Google does.

2. TahoeDoc profile image78

Actually, my thought was exactly that Izzy- for you and a couple other people who also felt dismissed by HP when not invited to the apprenticeship.

When I look back at my older hubs, they were soooooo pathetic as far as SEO and online optimization. I have decent writing skills, but not for an online target audience. I really think I needed A LOT of help there since I never really paid attention to that.

You, on the other hand, are an excellent writer AND you seem to have a good understanding of SEO, from what I can tell by your previous forum posts and so on (you can talk about things that I have no comprehension of, related to SEO and so on).

I really, really think they are targeting people who are decent writers but need some more help, either with hub design or SEO. (Although, I do admit there are people in the program who already seemed to have some of both, but most of us will admit we didn't know much about any of that…)

Seriously, if TPTB didn't think I needed help from the program, I would take it as a compliment. Also, as they refine the program, maybe they will then want more experienced hubbers/SEO savvy people to join. Then, maybe they can give lessons that are more than the basics and you would benefit more at that  point.

I dunno, but that's what I think when I see people like you and others who shall remain nameless who I also like very much and are feeling left out because of this program but probably shouldn't because it's most likely  just because you don't need the kind of help that the program is putting forth right now…
          (yes, intentional run-on, just for fun) smile

If I'm ever in Alicante, Spain; I'm going to drop by and giver her a hug. big_smile

1. IzzyM profile image86

I'm back in Scotland now, taking care of my elderly parents, but I still have my home in Alicante and will get back there one day smile

Thanks for the thought! lol

2. IzzyM profile image86

Thank you for your kind words! I feel better already.

When I first started here almost 3 years ago, I did not have a clue about SEO, but we used to have a lot of really knowledgeable, helpful hubbers, and I gradually learned.

The turning point was taking part in the 60 day challenge ran by sunforged.

Even then, I was only starting on the learning curve and I still would not say I am an expert, but am happy to pass on what I know.

The Learning centre didn't exist then, and I do think the apprenticeship program is a great idea. I wish I'd been able to take part when I first joined but of course they didn't have it then.

Now that they do, I am still excluded, and that hurts a bit.

Still, I'll get over it. There are worse things happen at sea!

Bummer...hey, I've had my bumps along the way too.  I didn't apply b/c I knew I could not commit at this time in my life-too many other personal things going on.

3. profile image0

IzzyM- you were my very first "mentor"! I'm not kidding. When I first joined, I went back and read all the forums three years back....stayed up til about 3am for a few nights doing it...I really learned a lot and feel like I really know you. It made me sad when Randy slipped out of the forums and if you go too it would feel like a big empty hole.

4. angela_michelle profile image95
      angela_michelleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you should feel discouraged. It might have something to do with the large volume of people who have applied.

21. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Izzy - I thoroughly agree with TahoeDoc, and I had to learn many of the same lessons.  I plan to unpublish many of my very early hubs - the writing is okay, but I created terrible titles. Many read like catchy magazine titles - who in the heck would search for those things? I so admire the experienced online writers here, and I try hard to learn from the forum threads.   But sometimes I would feel like I was reading a foreign language!  All of you know so very much about online publishing and SEO!  For those of us who have written elsewhere (magazines, newspapers, etc.), the Apprenticeship Program has been a huge blessing.  Please don't feel you were left out - if anything, you are one of the role models that those of us in the program think of as a success story.

I'm in the process of changing some of my early titles because I DID make them like a mag title.  I had taken a 'how to write mag articles' class online and the 'catchy title' thing was stuck in my head.  It's hard to undo habits.  sad

22. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

Thank you girls smile

I feel like a moaning minnie now, and should learn to shut my mouth LOL

There is a huge amount of stuff to learn about online writing, and I am still learning. Just when you think you have got on top of it, Google changes its algorithm again and sends you right back down there.

We are writers first and webmasters second which puts us at a distinct disadvantage to those who couldn't write to save themselves, but know how to game the search engines.

I highly respect the pair of you too, both for your expertise and writing abilities, and of course the fact that you both come across as being really nice people!

So thanks again, I feel less left out now smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Please don't feel like you sounded whiney - I've thought in the past few months that I probably would have felt very offended or left out if I'd been on the site for a long while, wrote good hubs, and then wasn't put into the program. I know several people who felt that way, and even though I know that wasn't the intention of the site, I understand how that might have come across. 

I have no idea why I was added to the program - but I do know it probably saved me from publishing a bunch of hubs that (due to my own need to learn, and learn quickly) would have continued to have worthless titles and URLs, photos from the wrong sources, and other issues related to online publishing.

I'm truly thankful for what I'm learning that is helping me avoid those problems.  I'm trying to go through older hubs to do damage control, but the URLs can't be changed (some are downright laughable!).  I even had some very early hubs that had one looong text capsule, because at first I didn't realize you could add more capsules.  Duh!

23. Riverfish24 profile image80
    Riverfish24posted 11 years ago

Im in month 2 of the program and it has been all good..lots of learning, encouragement, team interaction and what not. You definitely get more guidance compared to self learning. Definitely recommened...while you are here on HubPages, you might as well try and get into this program and learn and earn from it! smile A minimum of 8 can be daunting epecially if you have full time jobs and other hobbies, but still doable. Just need some discipline! Good luck!

24. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 11 years ago

Ah! so this is what Randy was on about, did somebody on the 'a' programme that is promoted by HP win money on an HP competition while being mentored by HP staff ??

Are you trying to stir up trouble? lol lol lol

Yeah, Randy boo hoos about everything   lol  Poor baby.    Can't consider a source of writing well without the 'catch'...Too bad some things just can't be left alone...gotta beat that 'dead horse'   lol  lol    Panda, panda, panda...

25. Robie Benve profile image95
    Robie Benveposted 11 years ago

Hi all, I'm in my 4th month is the "a" program, with the fine ladies above, and I'm enjoying every bit of it too.
    The things that I love the most about the program:
    - support of teammates and mentors, lots of helpful, constructive criticism, and the mentor feedback are priceless.
    - incentive to publish better and more. As busy as I've been there was no way that I would have published 8 hubs a  month on my own.
    - extra money. Each hub published get a bonus of about $6 and my views are grew quickly; I went from pennies to dollars in few months. : )
    - I learned A LOT about online publishing, and with all the new knowledge I look back at my first hubs and recognize how much improvement they needed!

Also we read and comment on each other hubs, participate in a team forum, and exchange ideas. That can take some time.
    I'd recommend to apply to anyone that enjoys writing and is a self-starter.
    PS: During the program you can not publish tutorials on hubpages, SEO, and things of that sort, and you can not publish poetry.

Good for you and congratulations, Robie.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)