jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have You Noticed An Increase In Hub Traffic When a Hub Topic is Suddenly In the

1. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Have You Noticed An Increase In Hub Traffic When a Hub Topic is Suddenly In the News?

Have You Noticed An Increase In Hub Traffic When A Topic One of Your Hub Covers is Suddenly In the News?  I have certainly experienced this for my hubs regarding Bank of America, Facebook, and Cleaning to Remove Norovirus.  I am wondering if other Hubbers have experienced this, and can share their stories?

2. Bills Place profile image83
    Bills Placeposted 6 years ago

I have not experienced that on HubPages yet. However, when I had a blog a several years back when Michael Jackson passed away along with several others around the same time my page views increased from a steady dozen or so a day to getting over 1,000 page views in a couple days just from writing a post in remembrance to Michael Jackson, and spending a little time creating back-links.

This is because if it's in the news, more people are going to be searching related keywords. This is great if you have taken time to SEO your article. Although there's also a down side, while a topic may be hot news today, tomorrow it could be old news. Just depends on the topic how long it stays extremely popular.

3. FREEWORKING profile image59
    FREEWORKINGposted 6 years ago

This is general in nature. If some topic is in news, the more searches and more traffic will surely come in the hub.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I just experienced this in a small way. An older Hub that I wrote about "Star Wars" got an unexpected boost from a sci-fi/geek web site who linked to it in an article relating to the 3-D re-release of "The Phantom Menace." Several hundred people viewed that Hub over the course of a couple of days last week, which was a nice surprise because up until then it had sort of been quietly moldering away.

5. Justjed profile image61
    Justjedposted 6 years ago

I have not experienced that really. Though I know, when you quickly put up a hub on any hot news, you will definitely enjoy a soar in traffic. Just like any hub around this period on the life of Whitney Houston will sure enjoy massive and explosive traffic because that is the rave of the moment. I intend to build a hub around any hot news as time goes on