jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Has anyone else noticed that the topics on your hubs are not showing the most im

1. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that the topics on your hubs are not showing the most important topic?

I noticed that the topic chosen is not showing on the actual hub at the top as usual.  So, I went under the hub and clicked to edit, and it is showing there under the proper topic.  Then when I saved and looked at the hub again, it is still not showing the entire topic line, but just the last category of the topic line.  Does anyone know why most of the topic line would not be showing up?  Thank you for answering.

2. souvikm16 profile image73
    souvikm16posted 4 years ago

I guess the topic line is more for your reference when you are publishing a particular hub, so as to put it under the correct topic. Let's say it's more of a back-end reference point for readers and yourself when trying to search for a particular topic. It works in a  similar way as your hub's 'Summary'. Though the 'Summary' might not be visible to you, but the keywords and the content of the summary is quite instrumental in driving traffic to your hub.
    I might be wrong but that's my personal perception!

1. alancaster149 profile image85
      alancaster149posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Like the man said, the tools are for you to put your pages together, not necessarily for your readers. Having said that, as long as they get the general 'drift' of what you've created, that's half your work done. OK?

2. Faith Reaper profile image89
      Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for answering.  I was just wondering if the topic line was not showing on others' hub, and I have noticed last night that it is not and wondered if there is a problem on HP.

3. Writer Fox profile image57
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

This looks like a huge change on HubPages that was made without any notification to the writers here.

It just happened to all of my Hubs, too.

When you click on the topic listed at the top of one of your Hubs, you are not taken to the Topic page but just to the Hubs listed on your Profile Page which you have written under that Topic.

When the Editor's Choice was first rolled out, I replied on that forum thread that it looked like HP was going to stop supporting subdomains.  This may be the first indication that this might be true.  If they limit Topic Pages to only those Hubs in the Editor's Choice program, it will be a huge mistake for the website.

I think this latest change is a mistake.  But at least the staff should have had the courtesy to let Hubbers know.  Instead, you have spent time and have had frustration trying to correct the Topic for your Hub when the system won't allow you to do so.  Imagine how many other Hubbers are trying to do the same thing!

Thanks so much for answering.  I did notice it on others' hub too.  I always loved to click on it and see where my hub is standing on the top 100 on the first page to see if I have it under the correct topic and see where my hub stands under it.

4. tillsontitan profile image88
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

It was sent in the Hub News.  If you look on the right side of your Hub Pages Page, you will see a title "A Few Updates to HubPages"...that is where you'll find the explanation.

Thank you so much Mary (till), I must have missed it!  Hmm how interesting.  God bless you, Faith Reaper

working