jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can I back-link to my earlier hubs?

1. RighterOne profile image61
    RighterOneposted 6 years ago

Can I back-link to my earlier hubs?

Is it against HubPages regulations to include back-links to your earlier Hubs? Is creating a link capsule and doing it not allowed, while back-linking directly in your text capsules OK? The reason I ask, is because one of my Hubs go flagged for having such a link cap, while I've seen many hubs with text cap - embedded back links, and they don't seem to be getting flagged. Hel-l-lp!!!

2. CJ Andrews profile image92
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

I do not think it is illegal as long as it makes sense to have the link.  If the hubs are tied together in some way and it is not overly promotional.  Why don't you email the admins and ask for further assistance on the matter?

3. Ironman1992 profile image59
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I've put links to my other hubs before, and I haven't had trouble. I've seen other people do this too. However, if you put a link in the comments of your own hub, I think that might be against the rules.

4. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

The rule is that ALL links in a Hub must be to related sites. That applies whether the sites are your other Hubs, or separate websites.

So you'll have no trouble at all if you link to Hubs which are related to your topic.  If the subjects are totally unrelated, it will be flagged.

5. Emeraldgreen21 profile image69
    Emeraldgreen21posted 5 years ago

I've started interlinking my hubs recently, and I've had no problems whatsoever.  The hubs I'm linking are all related or within the same niche, so that might be why it's worked.