jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Where do you get the images for your hubs?

1. MargaretC0923 profile image62
    MargaretC0923posted 6 years ago

Where do you get the images for your hubs?

Do you take your own pics? Search and steal on google? How do you deal with copyrighted images?

2. profile image0
    Kathleen Kerswigposted 6 years ago

I will usually check Google Images and Yahoo Images. I'm curious to see what other answers you get here. Good question!

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I have a bunch of old CD-Roms with free images.  Unfortunately, some of the images are very outdated, so I can't always use them unless I am trying to be funny.  I also take a lot of my own photos.  I can't say they look that good or anything, but it is easier than dealing with copyright issues.  One of these days, I am going to get a decent digital camera.  It would help a lot!

4. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

The best bet is to take your own.  Never take images from Google Images - they are usually copyrighted and that can get you into hot water both with the owner of the image and with HubPages.  You can use websites like morguefile.com for free stock images or you can purchase memberships to other websites where you can download and use royalty free images.  If you view my hub 101 resources every freelancer needs - there are several links there for free stock photos as well.  Don't just take them off of Google - big nono!

5. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

To avoid copyright problems and get good quality images use a stock photography website.  I use 123rf.com .  There are two options for purchase, credits or subscription.  Credits start at $15 for 5 xxl images.  Subscription cost $89 for one month which allows 5 downloads per day for a total of 150 images.

The second option, which is FREE, use Flickr.com.  To find images that are not copyrighted just enter the type of image your looking for with the words royalty free with it or copy right free.  You'll see only the images that are free to use any way you like.  The quality will not be as high but you'll find something you can use.

Note:  always read the use agreement with any image on 123rf, and flickr.

6. breastpumpreviews profile image83
    breastpumpreviewsposted 6 years ago

I use this website for my images.  http://www.sxc.hu/  You can usually use the images that are royalty free.  Just make sure that you read the restriction.  It also has images that you can pay for as well.

7. Ironman1992 profile image59
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I do a search on google. You can do an advanced search for only images that have been approved for reuse.

working