jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Why my hubscore fall from 93 to 87?

1. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

Why my hubscore fall from 93 to 87?

Usually  it fluctuate between 90 to 93 and the last day it declined from 92 to 87!

2. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

Hi ishwaryaa22! No one knows why there hubscore changes from time to time. It could be because you weren't on the site very much or didn't interact with the community of hubpages. No one knows and we probably won't ever figure out why, I'm curious too but we can't possibly figure that out.

3. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

@ Kayyluh: Hi! Honestly I am active on HubPages. I comment on my fellow hubbers's hubs that truly interested  me. I answered few questions daily. This surprising thing happened few days ago- on last Sunday and Monday when I was out of station on a pilgrimage. That two days, I did not touch HubPages. After I came back, i found it declined from 92 to 89. Without bothering about this, I happily hub-hop, commented and answered questions. It bounced back to 92 and just yesterday it declined from 92 to 87! Yesterday I was active.  I am really surprised at this. You are right...this is beyond our comprehension.

4. Mageplasm profile image61
    Mageplasmposted 6 years ago

Hey ishwaryaa22. This is usually due to a variety of reasons. You may not be very active on Hubpages (asking questions, posting hubs, etc.). Also, your Hubs may not be getting much traffic as they used to. This can decline the score of each of your Hubs as well as your overall Hub score. It's a good idea to update your Hubs with content to gain more exposure on search engine sites and such.

5. nityanandagaurang profile image61
    nityanandagaurangposted 6 years ago

it may be because your other hubs are not getting enough traffic.Hubpagessystem is like your  total hub score is  average of all the hubs scores.If your any hub not gets enough traffic,then score that hub will reduce,thus reducing your total score.It also depends on your activeness.

6. wheelinallover profile image79
    wheelinalloverposted 6 years ago

ishwaryaa22 I had a similar question not long ago. Mine was why did my hub score go up on a weekend. I had never to my knowledge ever experienced this before. What I learned was until it goes below 75 you have nothing to worry about. Search engines don't even look at our hub scores.

What we are all looking for here is people inside hub pages who are interested in what we write and being found by search engines. Neither group care about hub scores. Fluctuation is going to happen whether you are onsite or not.

7. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

I'm impressed you have a score in the 90's when you have so few articles. You are doing well, keep writing, marketing and using good keywords and you will continue to stay in the high numbers.

Mine fluctuates anywhere from a 94 to 100 depending on how much traffic I've gotten and it changes all of the time. The more stories you post the more traffic and the easier it is to maintain a higher score.

8. cicsomum profile image59
    cicsomumposted 6 years ago

Because greedy HubPages don’t want your links to be "dofollow", that is why. Your hubscore will keep falling if you're inactive.
    Most people here don't even realize why HubPages was created in the first place, It’s about article marketing. But because of Google Panda and some other changes, HubPages and many other article directories went “nofollow”. If your hubscore is below 75, all your links become “nofollow”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nofollow

9. Alex Powers profile image60
    Alex Powersposted 6 years ago

While I'm not sure that you will get a definite answer, I believe it is based on a combination of article quality (how many views + how many people spend enough time to read the article), article frequency (how often you post new articles), and interaction with other Hubbers. Just my two cents.

10. J.S.Matthew profile image84
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

HubScores will always fluctuate up and down. If you'd like to learn about how they are calculated, check out this Hub: http://hubpages.com/t/2d6a86

Hope this helps!