jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you feel about the recently new green "comment counter" left of your name

1. Man from Modesto profile image87
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

How do you feel about the recently new green "comment counter" left of your name in the title bar?

I feel obligated to click and see what is there... and many of the notifications are for comments on threads I unfollowed. I am beginning to hate it.
    Hubpages, please give us an option to turn this function off!

2. tlloydreilly profile image60
    tlloydreillyposted 5 years ago

IIt could be helpful to know who has read your articles and what they think about it.

3. Rosie writes profile image86
    Rosie writesposted 5 years ago

It's another great resource - easy to use.

4. Dale Hyde profile image84
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

I love the activity notifications. smile Have always used them on other sites that I am on as well.  Great resource for sure!

5. ktrapp profile image95
    ktrappposted 5 years ago

If I click outside the notification box on the when I'm on the feed page it turns to 0. But if I then go my account page the number is back. I think maybe clicking close zeros it out everywhere but I'm not sure. But for sure if you unfollow a hub then notifications for it should not appear on your feed. You might want to mention this in a forum because I would think they would fix that.

6. mattforte profile image93
    mattforteposted 5 years ago

It's an excellent addition. Not like it's being intrusive if you don't care about those threads...but it sure makes life easier.

7. JamaGenee profile image85
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Can't say that I'm thrilled with it.  I get notifications as emails, then delete each email after I've read the hub it refers to.  The green box doesn't reflect that I've done anything, so the HP elves probably think I'm shirking my duties as a member of the community.  If there's a way to delete an entry in the green box when you're done with it, I haven't found it.

8. Pamela N Red profile image87
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

I like it a lot. It helps me keep up with hubs I've commented on as well as other activity I've participated in.

I'd rather not get an email for every little thing, I have two emails and they are already overwhelmed with posts but this little green box is great.

9. Gurpreet Seehra profile image80
    Gurpreet Seehraposted 5 years ago

Yes, it is very useful. It looks as though it is indispensable.

working