jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can a hub be like 10000 words or more?

1. vapourlock profile image62
    vapourlockposted 6 years ago

Can a hub be like 10000 words or more?

I was wondering since it's called a "Hub" it ought to be a "hub" of tightly woven content around a topic? It's impossible to get that kind of detail in just 1500 words or so. So can it be like many more words that that?

2. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

In theory yes, there's nothing stopping you from writing more than 1500 words. But people are less likely to read an extremely long hub all the way through. You'd be better off splitting your content into several hubs of around 1000-1500 words.

3. vapourlock profile image62
    vapourlockposted 6 years ago

Hey JKenny

Thanks a ton for that response. I get that  smile Hmm. Well, more than one hub will not hurt. Maybe it's even better for me.

4. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

haha there should be a hubpages contest for the longest hub that will be crazy

5. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

you could but i think you might loose the interest of your readers if you're planning to write a long hub. the best way i think is to divide your whole content into chapters and write a hub about each chapter ... at the end you can put them all in the same category so if the reader is interested they can move on to the next chapter with a link at the bottom of the hub ... this way you'll get feedback on specific chapters rather than the whole huge hub.

working