jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has the fact that Hubpages has been declared a "content farm" by google, decreas

1. catalystsnstars profile image73
    catalystsnstarsposted 6 years ago

Has the fact that Hubpages has been declared a "content farm" by google, decreased its credibility?

I've been a hubber for two years, but I recently saw an article claiming HP was a scam. Of course the part about how hard it is to make any significant amount of money rang true with me. I have no qualms against HP, as I did notice that structural quality and time spent did increase my earnings. However, I will also admit that the rate of increase in whatever was made is very very insignificant. Truthfully it's discouraging to see Hubs on dull subjects receive "rewards". Is my time here better spent elsewhere, and if to add monetary value to my hubs I need to "give up" on significant subjects.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Content farm?

No.  The subdomain switch ended that - your subdomain is yours, and it reflects more on you than it does on hubpages.com.

Yep - the most bland non political subjects only will be given awards here...but who cares?  I don't.  I'm not gunning for any of that.  I wouldn't be able to pull off non political totality were I writing a hub about Earth worms.

Oh it's truly difficult to make money online by creating your own content.  I just happen to really want to not work for anyone.  I dislike people when they feel they are my superior....so I better get busy creating more web content.

3. brittanytodd profile image95
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Wesman Todd Shaw is right.  I just hope that we can make it so that when you type "HubPages" into Google, the first suggested search term isn't "HubPages scam", like it is now.

4. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

who said that hubpages is a content farm? as long as I know if the content is original the hub will still rank high on google