jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Having topic "cramp". How do you come up with topics? I'm wanting to jump out of

1. mbwalz profile image89
    mbwalzposted 6 years ago

Having topic "cramp". How do you come up with topics? I'm wanting to jump out of my comfort zone.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

Coming up with topics gets easier with time. At least, I think so. I get ideas all the time now just from things I'm thinking about. I'll cook something new and think, Oh, I should write a hub about this. Something will happen with a friend, and I'll think the same thing. I find a new way to save money and have to write about it. Right now I have 100 ideas in a notebook. I don't know if I'll ever write about all of them, but keeping a notebook with me constantly helps me to always be thinking about hub ideas--and writing them down. Also, I'm starting to keep my camera handy, as an interesting photo can often inspire a great hub. Hope this helps!

3. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

How do you come up with writing topics for articles? Keep a notebook for brainstorming ideas, take photos, ask and answer questions, and more! read more

4. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 6 years ago

Victoria Lynn has some great suggestions. I am not as organized as she is, but I keep a list on my desk of topics as they occur to me. I have a book here that I want to review and another that I am reading. I posted a poem I wrote as a Hub, and want to do some humor hubs. I read a lot of Hubs and the topics run the gamut from funny to sad, from instructive to opinions. I need to keep my camera handy as finding "free" photos to use is a puzzle to me.
    Keep writing and good luck!

5. Ironman1992 profile image61
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

Finding new topics can sometimes be difficult. You can take a look at other hubbers' works from which to draw inspiration. Try looking in a section of topics you've never read before.

6. giocatore profile image88
    giocatoreposted 6 years ago

Look at questions on HP. Hub Hop. Get some news feeds going on various topics that might interest you. Watch your feeds for curious news items, run a Google search when you identify a possible topic, and see what comes up. I start a lot of stories, abandon them and come back later when inspiration strikes. This strategy suits my short attention span.

7. susanna NY profile image60
    susanna NYposted 6 years ago

Out of your comfort hmm...try sex. Just joking. Its a topic everyone finds interest in. I say the best topic is the stuff that's been on your mind for a while, maybe a secret?
    " I'm wanting to jump out of my comfort zone."  So jump right In. Find comfort in being the unique creative mind you have, and go for it. I will grab some (red)  wine  and wait for the result of your leap.

8. EyesStraightAhead profile image84
    EyesStraightAheadposted 6 years ago

Hi, if you look up LABrashear, she shares a great hub reviewing 3 AM Epiphany by Brian Kiteley. After reading her work, I started doing the challenge as well. The book includes writing challenges that really make you think outside your normal writing. While it doesn't provide "topics" it provides the challenges that will help you write.

Another way I come up with topics is to think about what I know and then write about them. I have hubs that are unpublished because I started them and lost momentum or ones I think will be good one day. I also love to hop hubs. You may see a topic that you may be able to cover from another angle.

Good luck overcoming your cramp.
    ~Shell

9. mbwalz profile image89
    mbwalzposted 6 years ago

Thanks all. I like the notebook idea. Previously, I've posted my creative writing which comes from a writing prompt group. But I'm now trying to write about other things - maybe even lucrative things.

Appreciate the help!

working