jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are the vertical formatted photographs appearing in a horizontal way once I

1. Claudia Tello profile image77
    Claudia Telloposted 6 years ago

Why are the vertical formatted photographs appearing in a horizontal way once I upload them?

This has never happened before but now I can’t get my photographs strait, the way they should be looked at. Instead of appearing vertical once I upload them they appear horizontally, and then the image is lying down, if you know what I mean…….

2. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Have you taken them into photoshop and formatted them in a vertical position? I would try that first, but if they are in a vertical format it shouldn't matter.

If you don't have photoshop send one to me (the size you want and ppi) and I'll send it back to you then you can try it again.

3. radhikasree profile image63
    radhikasreeposted 6 years ago

Rotate them through an angle of 90 degrees by opening them in a photo editing application.  Go Paint->images->flip/rotate->rotate by 90 degrees. Then save it there and upload it here.

4. Claudia Tello profile image77
    Claudia Telloposted 6 years ago

Yes I have formatted them in a vertical position by rotating them in my photo-edit-program; in my computer they are vertical but once I upload them they turn out to be horizontal again..... it is very weird, it has never happened to me before and I have uploaded many vertical formatted photos. I have even tried deleting them and uploading them again and the same thing happens!
    I thank both for your help anyway and for your kind offering somethgblue.

5. JamaGenee profile image83
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

I just checked my own vertical photos and they're still upright. Also checked one of your hubs and the only vertical photo was upright, so I'm assuming the problem has solved itself.  Weird things happen in the Edit section when HP is rolling out a new feature.  This time they were implementing the ability to upload videos.  I'm guessing your account was simply one that got temporarily scrambled when HP added the vid upload code.

working