jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should you update hubs periodically?

1. Winter Maclen profile image73
    Winter Maclenposted 6 years ago

Should you update hubs periodically?

For those of us that have been at this for a while, is it a good idea to update and edit older hubs to improve them? And will that increase views?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Yes it does.  I have been going through and revamping many of my original hubs and the traffic from search engines has increased.  Tweaking always helps or at least it has with every hub I've worked to improve smile

3. Winter Maclen profile image73
    Winter Maclenposted 6 years ago

Christin - Thanks.  That is what I was wondering.  Will it generate a result if I take a week or two and edit the oldest things to see if they can possibly generate moe traffic.

4. wheelinallover profile image79
    wheelinalloverposted 6 years ago

Some of my older hubs which are not drawing traffic I will go in and tweak. If that doesn't work they are unpublished and replaced with something else. I am in and out of hubs lately on a daily basis. I have to read most again to comment so if I find a way to improve the summary I do.

Time is precious so use it wisely. What I find increases traffic the most is the sharing  many hubbers are involved in. Sharing has actually done more for raising search engine views than changing words in hubs. Rewriting summaries is where I would spend any time with older hubs. We share very few with our hub pages followers. We share with twitter, facebook, linkedin, a social site we publish on, and StumbledUpon.

working