jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What method do you use to gain followers?

1. WookieWonderfuls profile image61
    WookieWonderfulsposted 6 years ago

What method do you use to gain followers?

I know some people will follow a ton of people in the hope they will follow back, i'm not one of them wink but how do you gain followers? Any unique methods you have? other than writing AWESOME hubs.

2. drspaniel profile image89
    drspanielposted 6 years ago

Not really a method as such, but showing genuine interest in someone else's work, and taking the time to comment is a must! Therefore, when they follow you and you follow them you already have a good relationship, and some interests which are in common!

3. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 6 years ago

I think writing hubs which are interesting enough that other people will want to read what you write is a good way to get followers. I don't follow everyone and I don't know that everyone should follow me either... just the interested ones. It makes for a better gathering of comrads when people hang out with people they truly enjoy.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I can't say I've ever actually used a "method" to gain followers. I don't chase anyone down, I just seem to randomly pick up folks who appreciate the weird stuff I write about.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

I think it is more important to have a few followers that actually read your hubs than to have lots of them that aren't really interested.

I read a few hubs each day and comment on the ones I find interesting. I like to read hubbers I am not familiar with, expand my horizons. I participate with questions, comments, and to a lesser degree, forum. I gain a few followers each week.

I only follow others if they have several hubs I enjoy. I hope they follow me for the same reason.

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I have never intentionally worked at getting followers.  To me, they are just something that takes care of itself over time if you make Hubs that other site users really like.

7. NayNay2124 profile image72
    NayNay2124posted 6 years ago

I don't think there's a certain method to get followers. I read a lot of hubs and if someone writes hubs that interests me I may follow them because I like their style of writing or their subject matter. I don't worry so much about gaining followers because I know followers will come as my writing improves.

8. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I've never done anything to gain followers.  They just build up once someone has been on the site for awhile.

9. ladeda profile image60
    ladedaposted 6 years ago

I answer questions and leave comments! My intention isn't to gain followers though, (although this can definitely help) it's just because I enjoy writing, reading and sharing my thoughts with others. That's what HubPages is all about, right?

10. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

By answering questions.  If people see that you made an intelligent answer and know something about a particular topic that they are interested in, then they may follow.

working