Why am I having a problem posting links(not just mine) to Reditt from hubpages?

1. KimberlyLake profile image80
    KimberlyLakeposted 6 years ago

Why am I having a problem posting links(not just mine) to Reditt from hubpages?

When I try to post I get a message that say "Your doing too much try again in an hour" This has been going on for days. Any clues?

2. Edgar Arkham profile image73
    Edgar Arkhamposted 6 years ago

I've beening having the same problem for two days now. I know it's not an answer to your question, but I thought I'd let you know that it's not just you it's happening to. Maybe it's the site, but I'm not sure.

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image91
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 6 years ago

Reddit is very touchy about posting your own links or links that look like they could be yours. If you're getting the "you've posted too many links lately" reply, you've probably been banned and they aren't bothering to tell you. (I only posted 10 hubs spaced several days apart before they froze me up.)

The best thing to do is to make a new user name that has nothing to do with your user name on HP or your previous user name on Reddit. Then post a lot of links that have nothing to do with HP along with your own HP links. When you think about it, if you read a lot online, that's not difficult to do. Also comment on other people's posting. Reddit is hyper aware of spam, and calls people posting their own work - no matter how seldom - spam. Reddit also looks for community participation.

There is one Reddit category that you can post your own and others' hubs to without penalty. It's called hub_articles. However, it has very few users subscribed to it.

So you can post only to that category, or you can post to more, but with more unrelated links from other places. I chose more posts and more participation, because it's worth it.

You might also try Redgage, which is very good and actually wants you to post your own writing.