Why is my traffic so low?

1. rodlyalcide profile image73
    rodlyalcideposted 6 years ago

Why is my traffic so low?

I have 6 hubs and they have been here for quite a while now. All of them have less then 100 visitors and I think that's really bad. One time I searched one of my hubs in Google and it was on the first page. Now when I look it's like on page 10 or something. Why is that? why did Google take my hub from the first page?

2. dragon-nest profile image81
    dragon-nestposted 6 years ago

Every once in a while, though we don't really know how frequent this is, big G updates its search algorithm. Most changes are not really felt much, but huge and significant updates, like the one released over a year ago, coined as the big G's "Panda,"  ravaged through spam sites and content farms alike. HP was affected, but as you see we've recovered well.

That doesn't seem to be the case however before the end of February 2012, when the Panda was again updated. It seemed that many content sites, including ours at HP were hit significantly. I cannot say anything about how the Panda devalued our hubs because the algorithm is a best kept secret. What I can say however, is that you should do some link-building once more and in due time you'll see your rankings high up once again.

If you would ask if I'm affected, well, my traffic was 75% lower this month compared to before the update. You're not alone my friend.

3. breastpumpreviews profile image80
    breastpumpreviewsposted 6 years ago

Google likes fresh and new content.  So often times, google will test your article in the top slot.  Then it will do the "google dance" as I like to call it.  Then your term will go back to its normal spot, which often times is on either on another page or doesn't rank at all.  The way you can help improve your ranking with Google, is to back link and share your post.  This will increase your traffic.

Having a good summary with your keyword in it will help with your ranks.  Also, check your title tuner in hubpages to see if they have any suggestions to help make your title more appealing. 

Try building a variety of links, not just one type. 

Contextual links do carry more weight, so interlinking articles on hubpages as well as writing content on other sites and linking to your hub will help.

I hope this makes sense and helps.