jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you feel about the changes that have been made recently to the Header on

1. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about the changes that have been made recently to the Header on HubPages?

Do you like it more or less than the previous set-up? Do you think it is more or less intuitive and functional? What changes do you really like? What functionality has been lost that you would like to see added back?

2. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

I don't really care for the new changes. I am a bit miffed that they deleted the hubber tab. It took me a while to figure out how to get back to the home screen... I do like that they added a FAQ and helpcenter link but so many changes and we might as well be facebook.

3. veggie-mom profile image73
    veggie-momposted 6 years ago

I like that the header is more streamlined & organized, but I don't care for the hover state of the notifications tab, especially on an iOS device because there is no way to turn it off after it has been activated.

4. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I think it has some good improvements but I also agree with veggie-mom in that the "hover" feature is difficult to manuever.  I sometimes get it to pop up and other times it doesn't.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I don't like it.  Not because it isn't as good, or better.  I just dislike change.  When something works, why change it?  Frankly, I used to love the ANSWERS section but since they got into the contest of making hubs from questions blah blah blah - it's lost its fun.

You now see people trying to ask these intellectual questions or making a simple question something deep and it just falls flat.

6. missolive profile image95
    missoliveposted 6 years ago

homesteadbound - Hi Cindy, I'm finally getting used to the new header. I like the way they are categorized and have the drop-down lists. I also like that the 'Learning Center' is more visible. One of the things I miss the most though is the Hubber icon. I liked being able to see who was on top and what they had published. Now I'm wishing I had actually 'followed' some of them so that I could see their work on the feed. I'm one that likes learning by example, but the 'hubs' icon is still very helpful, informative and useful.

great question

7. Moon Daisy profile image84
    Moon Daisyposted 6 years ago

I don't mind it.  I'm always a bit dubious about any change at first, and it frustrates me when I can't find the things I normally use.  For instance, I still can't work out exactly how you see the "Questions" section, I am only aware of them when I get emails to say that somebody's asked one!  But apart from that, I'm getting used to it.

8. Hunbbel Meer profile image88
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

The header now looks a bit more mature, organized and compiled. I am liking the new way of its presentation smile

9. Leroyworld profile image61
    Leroyworldposted 6 years ago

I went through several phases.

1. I hated it.  I couldn't figure out how to work it.  Why change something that works perfectly well?

2. I accepted it, although I could not get back to my feed easily.  Annoyin, but I could live with it.

3. I like it now that I found out I could get back to my feed by clicking on the word Hubpages in the header.  I don't remember clearly what the old header looked like; but, the current one seems to allow more screen space for reading. 

Did I miss the announcement?  That happens to me sometimes.