jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it worth starting a blogsite with my hubpages material?

1. chivs86 profile image80
    chivs86posted 5 years ago

Is it worth starting a blogsite with my hubpages material?

I was thinking about creating a blogsite to post my work and because most of my work goes on here, well I was thinking that maybe I could use it.  Is this worth it or is my hubpages alone good enough to keep interested parties at bay.

2. quotations profile image92
    quotationsposted 5 years ago

You should never publish your hubpage articles anywhere else. Even though you own the copyright on what you write and have the legal right to publish your article in as many places as you want, hubpages will penalize you for duplicate content. As a result, your articles on hubpages may be deleted or you may even get your account shut down. If you start a separate blog site make sure that the articles that you publish there are different than the ones you have on hubpages.

A good idea however is to use the articles that you post on your blog to link back to hubpages in order to increase traffic as well as your ranking in the search engines.

3. UnnamedHarald profile image99
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

But if you DO want to actually post hub material on your blog, unpublish it first on HubPages. Remember, you DO own your work but you have agreed that, while it's published on HubPages it is ONLY published on HubPages. As long as it's not published on HubPages, you can do whatever you want with it.

4. Joan King profile image70
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

You may be able start a blog with your Hub pages articles, however, instead of copying your articles into your blog, you simply use a portion of the article, like the first part or a summary and add a "Read More" link back to the article on Hub Pages. This way if it is an issue with Hub pages you won't incur their wrath.  I  don't know HP policy on this but I do know that I write for another site  and I have been publishing those articles on a blog with no problem. They even sell non exclusive rights to your articles on the site so that the article can be published on their site and on other sites at the same time.

5. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

I've taken my articles from here and moved it to my websites, deleted from here completely and had very good results. My websites get way more traffic, thus way more $$ from google adsense. Do it one article here and there so you can monitor the results. I'd guess that about a third of my articles are now on my different websites but that's partly because I work so much I don't have time to write.

working