jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

After you have finished giving the final touches to an unpublished hub,

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

After you have finished giving the final touches to an unpublished hub,

are you in a rush to hit the publish button right away? Or do you take one final look over the hub for any possible errors or corrections?

2. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Generally I publish it as soon as possible.

The longer it's unpublished, the longer Google doesn't know about it, and the less money I'm earning. :-)

3. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 5 years ago

A "work" is only supposed to be "Perfect"  ... by Stagnated Minds  ...

The dynamic Minds ... at best, can only present, a "view" ... at a certain point in Time and Place ... that's about all there is to the Publish Button ... and money.
    The Button is in one asking others, to join in, to make a combined effort ... towards a Correct Perspective or a better Understanding ... but when there are no peers ... the Mind must trudge along on its own ... Refining, Adapting ... Improving ... creating Peers !

I am certain, had Plato lived to our days ... he would still be refining his Concepts, what on the Universal Scale, have been Developed over aeons into the modern Rocket Science.

4. michifus profile image81
    michifusposted 5 years ago

I have found that i need to write it, read it and check the mistakes and then give it a final read through. Although after one edit it is OK, you do tend to fail to see the big picture when you are doing the first edit, and often small changes in the final read through can make all the difference. It can help if you write it and check it on one day, and then give it a final read the following day once you have 'got out of the zone'.

5. ThePracticalMommy profile image97
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

I would like to hit the button right away, but I take the time to look over what I have written before I publish. Sometimes I let it sit for a day to allow the score to go up a little, but to agree with what Wry Lit said, I don't let it sit unpublished too long!

6. m0rd0r profile image72
    m0rd0rposted 5 years ago

I always make one last backwards-proof-reading before publishing.

The brain does not try to read sentences this way but focuses on words and punctuation.

7. Deborah Brooks profile image79
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

As much as I want to hit that button to publish  I am so scared I am going to have mistakes and that I will be embarrassed. It has happened to me and I have to go back in a edit. but just to do it right the first time is always the best, makes me feel good, Like I have accomplished something..