jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Can you get traffic from Digg and or Reddit or am I wasting my time?

1. sonykkid profile image60
    sonykkidposted 6 years ago

Can you get traffic from Digg and or Reddit or am I wasting my time?

2. Redwall profile image58
    Redwallposted 6 years ago

Both are good, however they also require some time and effort to truly reap any long term rewards. Reddit over Digg is ideal for quick traffic, although the website is riddled with spammers, hackers and general trolls. One of the first Hub's I featured, a random one called "English Slang" did quite well there and is so far my most viewed, with 90% of the traffic from Reddit. I guess like many of those open page websites with a strong, yet mostly troll community. You will get a better result from topics which are funny more than factual. - Try posting in both their /r/WTF section and /r/Funny. Other than that the traffic is painfully low, if any comes at all.

3. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 6 years ago

Reddit is a waste of time. Digg is a little better, but don't expect to bring huge volumes of traffic, at best you'll get a 10% increase.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

You do NOT want traffic from either Reddit or Digg.  What you DO WANT by backlinking on either of those sites is to improve your visibility in search engine results pages - this is an indirect result of having links on such sites.

Again, you do NOT want traffic from either Digg or Reddit - what you DO WANT is search engine traffic.

1. moneytoplist profile image60
      moneytoplistposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Aren't these links nofollow? I know about many social bookmarking sites which are good for link building, however, as I remember the largest websites add nofollow tag to the links.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I tried both Reddit and Digg early on in my Hubbing experience and got virtually no results from either one, so I gave up on 'em. So in my book at least, both sites are a waste of time.

working