jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What could be the reasons a lot many hubbers have avatars or icons in place of

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

What could be the reasons a lot many  hubbers have avatars or icons in place of their profile pic?

2. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

I imagine it's because they don't wish to be too vulnerable. They may feel it's a security risk to share their own picture online.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Well some folks wish to remain anonymous - and I'd imagine that having a non name as a profile name, and a non picture as an avatar would be an effort towards anonymity

4. profile image0
    Chasukposted 6 years ago

The anonymity provided by -- augmented by? -- an avatar is sometimes motivated by cowardice, and sometimes by prudence.

5. K Kiss profile image81
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

I myself have the picture of my cat as my hubpages avatar. And I believe it neither sprouts from cowardice nor prudence in my case at the least. I put up my pet's photograph because he is like my son and did think of changing it at times but realized that in hubpages the hubber's name and profile picture becomes like a brand which readers may not be able to relate to or identify later on.

And I don't believe that it is necessary to see my photograph or know my real full name and educational background to derive meaning and understanding of my hubs.
    But then again different hubbers have different reasons for their choice.

6. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 6 years ago

Some want to keep their privacy, some are just ugly:)

7. unknown spy profile image73
    unknown spyposted 6 years ago

nice one Khal Blogo..lol... maybe they just want to be anonymous smile a little privacy, for you to keep thinking, who is this???.i never really put pics even in FB smile

8. Seeker7 profile image94
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

i agree with K Kiss - I have my dog's photo and it's nothing to do with cowardice or prudence! Personally when I'm writing I'd prefer to look at my dog's lovely face than having to stare at my own mug shot frequently! On other sites I have my own photo where it's compulsory.

9. liftandsoar profile image80
    liftandsoarposted 6 years ago

I used my personal logo to communicate what I'm all about.  My last name, Crane, is also a machine that lifts and a bird that soars.  You'll see that my logo brings together both concepts.  When times are heavy I want to help lift; when times are going well I want to help folks soar.  This also ties in with Isaiah 40:30,31.

There's also a Crane toilet. Might have used liftandsoarandflush, but that would have ruined the logo.

10. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

I usually have an icon drawing of a fairy on other websites.  I like to use my fairy icons as my profile picture because fantasy is fun.  I added a picture on me as my profile picture on the Hubpages because the people here seem to be intelligent enough not to be concern about how I look.

11. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Basically, it's not about me; it's about my art.

working