jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can I reuse an original photo in a hub?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

Can I reuse an original photo in a hub?

I'd like to use a photo I used in an earlier hub for another hub (a pic I took myself.) Is this allowed, or would that be considered duplicate content? Thanks!

2. Debby Bruck profile image74
    Debby Bruckposted 6 years ago

Dear Victoria ~ You may click on insert image and find your picture in your photo album. I have used numerous photos, graphics and images on many of my Hubpages. It is acceptable and would definitely be allowed.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can use your own photos as many times as you like.

4. WorkAtHomeMums profile image89
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 6 years ago

I'm sure duplicate content refers to text. It's your image. I'm sure you can use it more than once.

5. watergeek profile image98
    watergeekposted 6 years ago

I've reused photos also. One thing to note: When you use a photo the first time, it's saved in your Photos section. If you upload it again for a different hub, that one is also saved in your Photos section. If you upload it once and then decide you want to edit it some more before actually publishing, both the original and edited versions are saved in your Photos section. This makes for a pretty long Photos section! My advice is to choose from there, instead of uploading it again when you want to reuse.

6. stephhicks68 profile image87
    stephhicks68posted 6 years ago

Yes!  Definitely!  I have done so - I just make sure that the top image for each hub is different for thumbnail purposes.  Great question and good responses.  smile

working