jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Has anyone referred a large number of hubpages signups and is it worth the effor

1. bmcoll3278 profile image77
    bmcoll3278posted 5 years ago

Has anyone referred a large number of hubpages signups and is it worth the effort?

I have toyed with the idea of building a large downline of referrals to hubpages . Has this been a good idea in the past?

2. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

I have referred four people... and because I receive income based on their traffic... paid for by hubpages and not taken from the writers I referred.. it is very worth it. How much do I make from those four writers... I do not know... but my income is rising as are those writers views... so I think it is a good idea to refer people. I even help to promote their work when I have time.

1. David De Jesus profile image60
      David De Jesusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How do you create the referral link, so when a person clicks on the link I would get the referral commissions? Thank you!

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Unless your referrals make a LOT of really high-quality Hubs, you won't hardly earn anything. 

This was much more lucrative in the pre-Panda days.  I earned close to $100/month from referrals then but the spam crackdown saw my best referral get banned from the site and now I only make a few dollars per month from everyone else combined.

1. davenmidtown profile image89
      davenmidtownposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How did you figure out what you made from referrals?

2. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In the pre-subdomain days, I just did the math and got a general figure.  With subdomains, you get specifics in Analytics.

working