This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

What are bookmarking sites? And how do they increase your earnings?

1. sandrabusby profile image86
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

What are bookmarking sites?  And how do they increase your earnings?

I just read an article about bookmarking sites that said they could increase earnings.  I'd like more information

2. sonykkid profile image60
    sonykkidposted 6 years ago

Bookmarking sites are site that you 'virtually' bookmark sites you like, so you type in the URL of a site you like and people can see that you have bookmarked it and they may click that link and visit the site. If you bookmark your own sites/blogs/hubs people may like the look of the link and click it.
    This will give you traffic to your blog/site/hub and therefore increase your traffic. My advice would be to find one bookmarking site and set your sights on it. Concentrate on one site and make a few friends, that's the only way you'll get 'targeted traffic' for me I only use 'Digg' and 'StumbleUpon' I focus all my energy on them so I get the best results.

Also they can be used for backlinking purposes which will increase your Google/other search engine's rank and you'll get more traffic (which will then again increase your earnings).

Sorry if that's a bit complicated, over time you'll learn a lot about SEO, and traffic so don't worry if it seems a bit overwhelming at first.

working