jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

When you go shopping, do you use a list?

1. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 6 years ago

When you go shopping, do you use a list?

When you go shopping, for example to the grocery story, do you shop from a physical (or electronic) list, or just from memory?

2. daborn7 profile image78
    daborn7posted 6 years ago

I will write a list often, but I rarely use it once I get to the store. I generally buy allot of repetitive items and have no trouble remembering what I need. I just use the list mostly for reference and to remind me in case I really need something that I do not ordinarily get.

3. Tom Vogler profile image81
    Tom Voglerposted 6 years ago

Most of the time, I shop from memory.  However, I find that for me, it is better if I use a list.  Without a list, I will likely buy things I really don't need.  So, using a list is a great way for me to save money. 

I sometimes make my list based on the coupons I have, so I can shop even more efficiently.

1. Dinruq profile image68
      Dinruqposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Same here.. Without a list you'll be tempted to get things who really have no need for. However I still stop by the 'great saver's section' just to see if there's anything worthwhile smile

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I always write a list and I always use it and I always never impulse buy.  I am the shopowners nightmare.

5. profile image51
    Hey-dealsposted 6 years ago

Sometimes, and if thia time is a major purchases, I'll search online first.

Amazon, Newegg, [url=http://www.hey-deals.com Free shipping], Bestbuy have been the regular haunt of me.

6. Vegas Elias profile image28
    Vegas Eliasposted 6 years ago

Yes, always. It is better not to forget something than having to go back again to the market to fetch it. There is nothing wrong about keeping a list. In fact I openly refer to my list in the market and also call my wife to ask her if there is anything else I should buy.

7. Eric Calderwood profile image84
    Eric Calderwoodposted 6 years ago

Yes, I use a list.  Shopping is faster with one and I don't spend money on impulse items this way.

8. sarahdc profile image58
    sarahdcposted 6 years ago

I always prepare a grocery list before grocery shopping, that way:
    1) I don't forget anything I need
    2) It makes grocery shopping faster - I don't weave in and out of the aisles, I just go to the ones where I need something
    3) Reduces the chance of impulse-buying

9. Lisas-thoughts101 profile image60
    Lisas-thoughts101posted 6 years ago

I can't imagine not having a list. I don't know how people remember all they need to buy without a list. Also, as others have mentioned, impulse buying must be tremendous without a list. I still do add a few items when I have a list because I have forgotten to add a few items to my list but usually I stick pretty close to the list.

10. Mmargie1966 profile image93
    Mmargie1966posted 5 years ago

I shop at different stores for different items.  It depends on what I need and what's on sale.  If there are more than 3 items, I have to make a list.

11. dj23 profile image56
    dj23posted 5 years ago

Definitely yes.. it's time saving if you got list while shopping. you dont need to keep on thinking what are the things you forgot.

12. CJWood71 profile image85
    CJWood71posted 5 years ago

You can count me as one of those people who do their grocery shopping with a mental list.  Before I go to the store I will think about all the things that I need to buy.  It is not the best method, as I almost always forget something, but old habits are hard to break.

working