jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How have your grocery shopping habits changed since our economy in the US has ta

1. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

How have your grocery shopping habits changed since our economy in the US has taken a downturn?

Do you look for different things to cook or do you look for the best bargains and opt for those?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6617664_f260.jpg

2. plogan721 profile image82
    plogan721posted 5 years ago

I watch every penny I spend and I use coupons.  I take time out to plan my meals and ask if I really need to eat that item if it is an indulgence.  I also stick to my list as much as I can.

3. touching call profile image60
    touching callposted 5 years ago

Yes, my grocery shopping had changed, and effect of economy get downturn.  However, I don't look for different thing to cook; instead I just try to cook what is available without spending any extra money as I did before!

4. MobyWho profile image60
    MobyWhoposted 5 years ago

Not really. I don't go down the aisles that have 'luxury' food. I shop the specials and buy non-perishables in quantity. Fortunately, as you age you eat less so that has allowed us to keep up (down?) with inflation. It is sad to look at old favorites (lamb chops) and not have the money to buy them. But I have other joys in life, so one more lamb is safe.

5. BSloan profile image73
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

Yes, I use lots and lots of coupons.  Everyweek I look over grocery ads and make a weekly menu depending on what is on sale and what I have coupons for.  It's made a huge difference since I've slashed 30% of our grocery bill.  I still buy all the items we usually enjoy just at different times of the month.  I also try to stock up when our favorite items go on sale so I don't have to pay full price.

working