jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Adsense earnings much less than hubpages ad program earnings?

1. Doctor Kristy profile image89
    Doctor Kristyposted 5 years ago

Adsense earnings much less than hubpages ad program earnings?

My adsense earnings are really low... last month it was $1.60 and I don't even think that was from hubpages.

Is there anything I can do to increase the adsense earnings?

Or would there be any benefit in disabling adsense ads on my hubs altogether?

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 5 years ago

If you go under sites on your Adsense report, it will tell you exactly on which site you made the money.

3. Ms Dee profile image89
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

Well "Doctor" one thing I've read to do and do myself is, allow room at the beginning of my hub so that the AdSense ads appear first, before my first photo. Then, that is 'above the center fold' and can attract more clicks than if they were lower, following my first photo. I checked one of your hubs and see your first photo is at the top, and not the AdSense ads. Having said this, though, my AdSense earnings are still much lower than my HP ads earning. I suppose they'd be even lower than my approx. $5/month if I did not lower my first photo below the ads.

4. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 5 years ago

Does anyone actually click on the google ads in a person's hub pages?

I make £0 a money now, when I use to make like £10 to £15 a month.

5. the clean life profile image79
    the clean lifeposted 5 years ago

There are many days I have no clicks on Adsense for HP or my blog. I make money on HP ads everyday between $1.70-$2.10 roughly. Much more tan Adsense and when I do get an adsense click it is only cents because people are not clicking on the high paying ads (placement)

6. drspaniel profile image90
    drspanielposted 5 years ago

This is understandable... I find it useful to change my advert setting on each Hub to around Medium or low, as people don't like to be spammed with Ads when they visit a website. Therefore, to do the best and make the Ads more appealing to potential viewers, reducing the amount of Advertisements on your hubs may be greatly beneficial.

Good luck.

7. vinner profile image77
    vinnerposted 5 years ago

Once you have activated hubpages ad program, your adsense income will come down

8. genuineaid profile image67
    genuineaidposted 5 years ago

It's simple...

More Traffic to your content (websites and blogs) = More Clicks on your ads.

What you desire is what millions of other people desire, so the competition is huge.

It's all pretty much up to you...

The harder and more often you work the more earnings you'll get.

Lots of ads on your page will be distracting and not good looking, but more opportunity to make money.

Less ads make the pages look more pleasant and unique.

So it really is all up to you.

9. SpiderBytes profile image85
    SpiderBytesposted 5 years ago

You cannot disable AdSense ads without also disabling HubPages ads so unless you want to stop earning any revenue from ads, that is really not an option. When the HubPages ad program started up, AdSense revenue dropped for just about everyone. However, the payoff from HubPages is usually about three times what it was through only AdSense so very few people are complaining. Adding eBay capsules has helped a lot as well. I still earn a little through Adsense ads on HubPages but not very much.

10. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I believe that the reason that Adsense earnings are lower than HP ad program is that your Adsense earnings depends on clicks and HP depends on impressions. Clicks are harder to come by than views because your traffic invariably increases over time.

Personally, I am not to fussy about clicks because of my fear of Google removing my account for some reason or the other. I don't want too much activity on my account. You never know when they will find some reason to close it. As I see it some people have lost their account because Google don't want to pay them so they come up with some invalid clicks reason to remove their account.