jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Why are there big gaps of space in my hubs?

1. Crystal Tatum profile image89
    Crystal Tatumposted 5 years ago

Why are there big gaps of space in my hubs?

The gaps usually appear between capsules. I can't always tell when I'm working on the hub, but they are there when I hit publish. I can't seem to make them go away!

2. Bill Yovino profile image91
    Bill Yovinoposted 5 years ago

Because Hubpages is monkeying around with the format of your pages instead of doing a test on their own test pages.  You can follow the angry user comments here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/97175?

3. dalton71482 profile image59
    dalton71482posted 5 years ago

I've had that problem twice and both times it was because I was writing on my computer then, copying and pasting to an unpublished hub. I had copied blank space and I just had to delete it. I suggest previewing your work before publish.

1. bmcoll3278 profile image76
      bmcoll3278posted 5 years agoin reply to this

This was going to be my answer as well. I have had the same thing happen.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

It's probably the spacing caused by photos or ad capsules. Add some text if possible, or an extra space between paragraphs - or break longer paragraphs into a few smaller ones (to add some length to capsules).  Also, be sure to delete any spaces at the end of a capsule.  I always have to adjust those things to get the spacing right.

5. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

Marcy and Dalton have both answered your question. Just want to say the extra white space is the space left at the end of the capsule once you finish writing the text or if you right align a photo/ text/ amazon or ebay capsules or anything else then you will find white space either to the right or left depending on which side the text is less.

Nothing to worry about though it is not pleasing on the eyes. With practice you will come to terms with this problem.

BTW, the extra space between capsules is the white space you must have left in the preceding capsule.

It is always good to preview the hub before publishing to make sure there is no extra white space left.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

The big gap is due to the photos you posted. If one of the image is big and the rest are small, even though you select "full width" the big gap will appear. Maybe you took the photos in different direction; sometime vertical pose , sometime horizontal pose...Stick to one pose direction.

working