jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Is it fair that the askers of hubpages questions earn money for pageviews?

1. Doctor Kristy profile image90
    Doctor Kristyposted 5 years ago

Is it fair that the askers of hubpages questions earn money for pageviews?

I just saw a string of questions posted by one hubber that are clearly there just to get clicks from searches, rather than stuff the person themself actually needs to know. It doesn't seem fair to me that just by posting a one sentence question they can earn money, when it's the answerers that do the work. I'm curious as to what other people think about this? EDIT: Wow, I've been looking over their recent history and they have been asking literally hundreds of questions in the past few weeks, for the sole sake of getting pageviews and money, it seems.

2. tapasrecipe profile image61
    tapasrecipeposted 5 years ago

Hi Doctor Kristy, It doesn´t seem fair to me, do you have a link for where it says this as i wasn´t aware of it or do you know how it works ie what percentage and for how long
    many thanks Carrie ;-)

3. Doctor Kristy profile image90
    Doctor Kristyposted 5 years ago

Hi Carrie! Try reading http://hubpages.com/question/173366/is- … es-it-work , I think those answers are quite comprehensive.

1. tapasrecipe profile image61
      tapasrecipeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks

4. Uninvited Writer profile image86
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

We are allowed to ask 10 questions per day. It's up to people if they want to look at them or not. I am inclined to ignore people who ask too many meaningless questions or basically the same question reworded.

1. tapasrecipe profile image61
      tapasrecipeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I suppose i did wonder in the back of my mind why people would ask such daft meaningless questions all the time, thinking to myself nobody could be that thick surely, never  understanding why don´t  they  just google it. ;-)

2. Uninvited Writer profile image86
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have asked questions I probably could find on Google but sometimes it's good to hear other points of view.

5. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No, it just encourages drove after drove of moronic questions.
    Perhaps if they had to acknowledge each answer the habit may be curtailed by the enormity of the task faced.  Especially if each answer had to be different so they couldn't do a copy and paste job.  Hub Pages has the technology to enforce that, just try and put up a similar answer and they stop you until you change it.

6. Yaduvanshi profile image52
    Yaduvanshiposted 5 years ago

I suppose it is OK and after all it not unlimited any there fore it is regulated in some way

7. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I would question the strategy of asking tons of meaningless questions. If no one answers or cares, how would they make money? I don't really think of Q&A as a revenue source, more as a way to interact with other hubbers. Sometimes I'm surprised at the questions that get lots of answers though.

8. drspaniel profile image90
    drspanielposted 5 years ago

Well, to an extent it could be considered unfair that Hubbers can post up to 10 questions per day, and make some good money from them. Then again, at the same time a lot of Hubbers have many questions that they want answering, yet they go elsewhere to get answers. The fact that they earn money for asking here, means that they can get good, solid advice, and bring people's opinions/knowledge together.

working