jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

False "duplicate" flag on a hub... How do duplicate flags come about? What do I

1. Danieljohnston profile image88
    Danieljohnstonposted 5 years ago

False "duplicate" flag on a hub... How do duplicate flags come about? What do I do?

I got a flag saying my hub was a "duplicate" even though it is not. I scoured the other hubs and could not . What do I do?

2. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 5 years ago

Daniel, my fiancee had this trouble the other day. It just means that something looks the same as something other on the net. Thus, you may have copied a piece of text from a website and placed it in your hub.

1. Danieljohnston profile image88
      Danieljohnstonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is unfortunate... Its a History Hub... you have to quote in History or you have no proof of your claims.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You have to make sure your original text is more than what you quote.

3. Clive Donegal profile image79
    Clive Donegalposted 5 years ago

I had a smiliar situation. At least in my case I had written about the same topic previously, although the images were different and I had written a new version. I can only think that it might be a key word search or something.
    I ended up deleting mine because nothing I tried to do resolved it.
    I often think that machines trun hub pages. It is like dealing with the Wizard of Oz.

1. Clive Donegal profile image79
      Clive Donegalposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It just happened to me again with pictographs and petroglyphs in Utah. I'd written about them before, but this is new and contains new material. Obviously may of the same keywords appear. I am miffed.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I write a lot about oil and gas issues. I was in that business for 22 years. A lot of other people write about it on Hubpages and other sites. Some material is going to look similar because the issues are the same--just the opinions differ.

If a hub is suspected of being a duplicate, why not identify the other source so you can see what the moderator is talking about. It is a pretty one sided issue.

Finally, I thought it was all right to share hubs on other sites. I wrote a hub and I was requested by a site in the United Kingdom to run it, with no compensation, but they included a link back to HubPages.

Is passing along my own work to other sites duplicating materials. If I own the copyright, I do not see where HubPages should have a problem.

working