jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Will Hubpages ever move to Facebook or Google Plus?

1. CloudExplorer profile image79
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

Will Hubpages ever move to Facebook or Google Plus?

Let us known if you think whether or not hubpages will move its entire network to Facebook, or Google Plus, and also do you think whether it would be a much wiser decision to help us all expand our horizons here, or do you think the possibility of either or, would actually be a bad idea.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6410962_f260.jpg

2. Philanthropy2012 profile image88
    Philanthropy2012posted 5 years ago

Do you mean to say have HubPages as just a simple sub-section of Facebook or Google+ ?

On the one hand there'll undoubtedly be more writers and hubs that way, since Facebook for instance has 800 million active writers who will be encouraged to write. Plus article circulation would be easier and more present.

But the reason it won't happen is because the whole idea of HubPages is that you can sign up immediately to a respected writing community and make hubs that are placed independently on the internet.

If it was so that every one of my articles suddenly were in the format of: www.facebook.com/philanthropy/hubname then I would quit HP because it's no longer even resembling professional writing.

Plus, who can take an article seriously when it's from a social networking site? Even the news articles they have on there are regarded as poor quality and a waste of time.

Hope I understood this right?

Philanthropy smile

CloudExplorerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well that could occur on Facebook as well, and at a significantly alarming rate, with all the sharing going on. They don't have to change our domain names, as you said a sub-section or FB login section that default to the official homepage here.

3. BrianMI6 profile image59
    BrianMI6posted 5 years ago

I sure as heck hope so.  People would naturally promote their Hubs on Facebook more readily instead if it was integrated and that would lead to extra traffic.

CloudExplorerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think they aren't going to have much choice in the near future myself, hubpages that is, nice answer though.

4. joanveronica profile image86
    joanveronicaposted 5 years ago

I certainly hope not! I'm on Facebook, which I can manage relatively well, but just scraping by, and I'm also on Google+ which is still a mystery to me, very confusing! At times I don't quite know what I'm doing there!

1. Skarlet profile image88
      Skarletposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is so funny. what you have just said here sums up my feelings about FB and Google+.  I have no idea what I am doing on Google+ at all, but I am still trying to use it.

5. ChristyWrites profile image80
    ChristyWritesposted 5 years ago

I don't think HubPages will become part of Facebook or Google+. The concept of HubPages is to be a writing community. Some people on HubPages to do belong to social media networks and would be at a disadvantage if they became linked. I do not think the connection is likely to happen.

working