jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

If I delete an article from my blog, can I republish it on Hubpages?

1. Harvest Moon profile image77
    Harvest Moonposted 5 years ago

If I delete an article from my blog, can I republish it on Hubpages?

2. dilipchandra12 profile image77
    dilipchandra12posted 5 years ago

Yes, you can publish it on HubPages if it is not published anywhere else.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image98
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

You will need to wait a week or so for the article to get out of Google's search engines and servers.  Then it can be published without being flagged as duplicate content.  One thought - if it's a blog post, is it written in the style HP prefers?  The site specifically says blog-style writing isn't appropriate here, since the goal is to provide informative articles.  Poems and recipes work, though.

4. networmed profile image61
    networmedposted 5 years ago

If you have deleted it already, you can published it anywhere else. Don't worry about waiting for certain period of time before republishing it, you can put a 301 redirect from your blog to anywhere you publish it.

That way, when search engines crawl your blog, it is read that the content has been permanently move to another place.

If you have wordpress, redirection can be done easily through a plugin.

...or, if you don't have wordpress, you can edit your .htaccess and put a 301 redirect from there.

Having 301 redirect from old to new location is important specially if you have promoted that old location and have some bookmarks or backlinks pointing to it. Probably people have known it... once you do a 301 redirect, all those are automatically redirected to the new location.

1. Randy M. profile image86
      Randy M.posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good advice.  I will be moving some articles around as well.  Some from a wordpress blog.