jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

If one of your hubs is idled, what do you do?

1. pstraubie48 profile image84
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

If one of your hubs is idled, what do you do?

Do you delete it,  or do you unpublish it, work on it, and republish it?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

All you must do is a little simple editing. After this, it will become featured again within 24 to 48 hours.

3. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I will edit it to satisfy the hub gods and it will be pending for around 12-24 hours. Only one letter needs to be changed to make the hub gods happy so just check your spelling and readability. I have changed a sentence to make it flow a little better. I rarely delete because I am not very prolific. If you really do not like the hub, unpublish and rewrite or delete.

4. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

It's absolutely no problem to get your idled hub featured again, and back into the lime light once again here at the Hub Pages. I have a quick fix for idled hubs that will do the trick for you - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Quick-fi … led-status I hope this helps you out, and please remember that you never need to delete or unpublish an idled hub.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Since most of mine are recipes or poems, and I am not concerned with the money making aspect of Hubpages, and I don't want to make any text changes - I simply go in and add a comma, or change my copyright notice a tiny bit and then republish and in a day or so, it's back.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I just open 'em, give 'em a few tweaks (move some words around, change a line or two, maybe add a pic, a poll, or a video) and throw'em back out there again.

7. The Dirt Farmer profile image96
    The Dirt Farmerposted 5 years ago

I've been (a few at a time) editing my idle hubs to add polls (gee, I wish they were more attractive looking), more pictures, tables, etc. while keeping an eye on the new "hub-o-meter of hotness" in the upper left corner of the page while in editing mode. I'm hoping my idle hubs will become un-idle ... someday!

8. ryanjhoe profile image62
    ryanjhoeposted 5 years ago

I usually edit it and then tried to publish it again and hope it become acceptable for hubpages.

9. joym7 profile image68
    joym7posted 5 years ago

just adding few other things and editing a few paragraph and will through it back on the hubpages.

10. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 5 years ago

I advertise my hubs on a variety of areas: Facebook Pages and group, Pinterest, and Google +1 groups. I also have a website where I syndicate my hub's titles and summaries. One click, and the reader is brought into my HubPages. By advertising on my website, I am able to tag each hub with my own words and phrases. Hopefully, this brings more traffic. I have never had one of my hubs unfeatured, but I've only been writing for HubPages for two months.

11. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I look at idled hubs as a way to rethink first impressions. The title may need better key words to drive traffic. Could the photo be better?   I may go in and edit quite a bit of info or add significant text. I look at it as a way to fine-tune my hubs. Poetry idles faster than informative topics, and I write a lot of haiku. There's the challenge!