jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How long did it take you to make your first dollar on Hubpages?

1. Availiasvision profile image82
    Availiasvisionposted 5 years ago

How long did it take you to make your first dollar on Hubpages?

How quickly did you get views?

2. Emeraldgreen21 profile image69
    Emeraldgreen21posted 5 years ago

I made my first dollar on Hubpages about 5 weeks after I started publishing articles in earnest. The number of views, I think, will depend on the topics you write about and how popular those topics are.  For me, the more obscure topics get very few views, while  others can get hundreds of views in a single day. It just depends on what choose to write about.

1. Availiasvision profile image82
      Availiasvisionposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Emerald, 5 weeks is incredible.  The consensous seems to be in months not weeks.  Great job!

2. Emeraldgreen21 profile image69
      Emeraldgreen21posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Availiasvision. Once I started writing about topics I'm passionate about and knew a lot about the clicks started coming in. I also wrote a hub about how I got to $1 a day on Hubpages. I outlined my progress and the steps I took on there. ht

3. forall profile image61
    forallposted 5 years ago

It took me months.

4. teyeger82 profile image78
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

It took me from July 2011 to March 2012 to make $1.28. I know if I wrote more, my results would be better but I have a hard time with topics. When I decide on a topic, then I have to find the time to write. I enjoy writing though and I enjoy looking at my account and watching to see what gets read the most, etc. I think it just takes time. It is definitely not a get rich quick situation but I can see how you can build income over time. Thus far, in April and May I have earned $.90.

working