jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do the summaries for hubs help in getting traffic?

1. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

Do the summaries  for hubs help in getting traffic?

All my articles have an A next to it. I was wondering if it is worth writing the summary or leave it....

2. profile image0
    AndriyRposted 5 years ago

Summary is in fact important. The summary you enter for a Hub goes directly to a description meta tag of a web-page on which the hub is actually to be found. To see that - you can do the following: write a summary to any of your hubs, then open the published hub which has a summary. Once it is opened, if you use Chrome - do the right click and  chose something like "show source code". After that you will see your hub from the inside. Press Ctrl+F - to open the search console, and type "description". You will see that the summary you've entered is right there, inside the description tag.

3. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

When you write a summary, it lets the person looking at the article know if that is what they are wanting and helps them decide if they want to read it. I like the summaries and use them often. If you don't write the summary, it just shows a certain amount of the hub. The first part of the first paragraph may not help someone decide if they want to read it. In Haiku's, it will even go down and pull from the comments. It just looks more professional and neater when you use the summary.

4. ChristyWrites profile image84
    ChristyWritesposted 5 years ago

Yes, summaries are very important. They give readers at a glance enough information to help see what the article is about. As well, the key words, when used in the summary, help boost the percentage within your article as a whole. Summaries are a good thing!

working