jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Is it advisable to create a separate PayPal personal account to receive payment

1. Mc Man profile image39
    Mc Manposted 5 years ago

Is it advisable to create a separate PayPal personal account to receive payment from Hubpages?

I already have a PayPal premier account. Do you think it is advisable to create a separate PayPal personal account to receive payment from Hubpages? Is it going to be cheaper (lower transaction cost) or less likely to get banned by PayPal if I receive Hubpages payment via a separate PayPal personal account?? Please help, as I am new to PayPal and worry about transaction cost or any possible PayPal ban.

2. dialogue profile image64
    dialogueposted 5 years ago

You should contact paypal to resolve the matter and gather the right info.

Mc Manposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks dialogue. I will try to gather more information from PayPal as you suggested. Just hope if any hubber can share experience here so that I can save my time dealing with robotic PayPal customer servies.

3. internetgeek profile image61
    internetgeekposted 5 years ago

I don't think you should create a separate personal account for transactions fro Hubpages, use the PayPal account which you already have. What is the problem in using the existing paypal account?

Thanks internetgeek. My initial understanding is that a PayPal personal account should always involve zero transaction cost for receiving payments from Hubpages. Is it also the same case for a PayPal premier account?

2. internetgeek profile image61
      internetgeekposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@Mc Man I just visited the PayPal website and I read this "Low fees charged for receiving payments" under the PayPal premier get started (sign up page).

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

There should be no reason why you can't use the account you already have.

Thanks relache. I know I can use my PayPal premier account but I wonder if the Hubpages transaction cost will be different if I use PayPal personal account instead?

5. networmed profile image59
    networmedposted 5 years ago

You should be fine with that. Your current paypal account can be use to receive payments from HP.

If you are really worried about it, email paypal support. That way, you get the answer directly from them.

Thanks networmed. May I ask if you are also using PayPal premier account to receive payments from HP? If yes, does it also involve zero transaction cost as what I expect if I choose to use PayPal personal account instead?

working