The HubPages Ad Program is now open to everyone!

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (134 posts)
  1. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 13 years ago

Hello everyone! We're happy to announce that we're opening up the HubPages Ad Program to all Hubbers ahead of schedule!

All interested Hubbers are now eligible to participate in the HubPages Ad Program, an additional earnings option for your Hubs. You can read more about the Program in the blog post.

To sign up, please click the configure button for the HubPages Ad Program under your Affiliate Settings (under Earnings): click here.

1. profile image0
      wendy87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow thanks hubpages i was waiting for this !!!!!

1. COLONELpate profile image60
        COLONELpateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only fly in the soup is that in order to get the HubPage Ad program, you must first be accepted by Googe Adsense. For a newbie like me, with only two hubs, this is impossible.

Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should be able to be accepted fairly quickly if you're in the US, even with a couple of Hubs. After you're in with AdSense, you can get started with the HubPages Ad Program if you like.

2. Teylina profile image61
          Teylinaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Colonel, I feel your pain. I still feel like a newbie, since I've only been on since early in year. If any consolation, the number of hubs you've pub'd (I've learned) has nothing to do w/getting on AdSense. I've been trying to get on AdSense for 4 mos and unable to do so for tech reasons. Finally e-mailed the HP team last week, who cleared up part of the problem, but not all and I still am not getting anything off Adsense and still cannot join HP because Adsense still won't give me access. Hang in there.

1. COLONELpate profile image60
            COLONELpateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Teylina. It is frustrating to be able to string words together in a manner acceptable to a wide audience and know how to advertise my blog from long experience in sales but to get nothing for my efforts.

2. BlissfulWriter profile image72
      BlissfulWriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woo Hoo.  That's great.  I've just turned mine on as soon as I found out.

3. josechukkiri profile image43
      josechukkiriposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot to the Hubpages admin and team. I joined Hubpages Ad program and activated it successfully.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You guys sure didn’t waste any time! Absolutely awesome!!! smile smile smile

5. BethanRose profile image69
      BethanRoseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is great news! smilesmile Thanks Hubpages!

6. Fire Circle Drums profile image60
      Fire Circle Drumsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My sign up is "stuck" Can't make it past the tax sign up. It keeps sending me question, which I answer and answer and so on. Any ideas?

Please contact payments@hubpages and they'll help fix this glitch for you.

7. JRK profile image59
      JRKposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Signed up for Adsense and Amazon USA everything approved now live! When I check to see if these is any progress I keep on getting stuff to read and approve and acknowledge approval.  WQhat's happening?

8. sunlight2 profile image43
      sunlight2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was really happy when i see that. But when i sign up to paypal theirs i dint find my country `Bangladesh'. May I use someones paypal account?

1. darkside profile image64
        darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe if you know them personally. But it would require you knowing their password to access their account.

9. stuff4you profile image58
      stuff4youposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hub Pages ad program really seems to pay a lot for impressions - much more so than Google Adsense pays for impressions!

10. profile image57
      walks23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi everyone I'm new to hub pages and new to blogging if you have any advice for me let me know.

11. profile image0
      Junaid Mustafaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're replying to an announcement of a new earnings program...that is 7 years old?  big_smile

(Need to watch the dates on those things as they are all still available, right back to the very early days of the forums)

12. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Wow! That was quick! Nice going, guys. smile

13. ComposerGoneWild profile image67
      ComposerGoneWildposted 13 years ago

So I am not sure what is so special about this particular program.  I read it and it says you have to use Paypal, which actually takes money away from you when you get paid and the site is very unreliable.  Their customer service is awful as well.  Not cool!  If I am going to do this, I would prefer to attach my band account so I don't loose any money on the venture.

1. pedrog profile image60
        pedrogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm using Paypal for 5, or so, years and you only have to pay a fee if your are a seller, when you get paid, for EPN or any other service, you don't have to pay a fee.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
          pauldeedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The way we pay through PayPal (using Mass Pay), we bear the entire transaction cost of making the payment, meaning the full amount you earn through the HubPages Ad Program is deposited into your PayPal account.  There may be fees associated with withdrawing funds, depending on how you do it and what country you are in (but it's generally free in the U.S. and many other countries).

Anyway, it's totally optional.  If you don't trust PayPal for whatever reason, you can continue to earn as you have been.

1. Ezybonds profile image60
            Ezybondsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will send you an email about this, don't want to break the TOS

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
          DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have never had any problems at all with PayPal, and on the rare times I've had to call customer service (usually just to have something explained), I was actually very impressed that they publish a phone number, and you can speak with a real live person.  They have always been very thorough and helpful.
          In fact, I'm thinking that if I ever return to doing craft shows, I can tell people that we can accept credit card payments if they have an internet-capable cell phone and there is wi-fi in the area...just use PayPal to send the payment.  Done!  Instantaneous approval...SOLD!

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've only dealt with paypal CS once, when someone in New York bought a fur coat on eBay from the Netherlands and had it shipped to Germany.  While it took my bank several weeks to return a hundred bucks in overdraft fees paypal refunded the $4,000 purchase in 24 hours.  They messed up the international exchange rate for about $50, but had that returned in less than a day after I questioned it.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paypal doesn't take any money away from you when you get paid, unless you're silly enough to sign up for a premium account.  I've had a free account for years and I don't lose any money when I get paid.

It's quite true their customer service is lousy and you will hear horror stories - but if you're sensible and keep your balance low, you can keep problems to a minimum.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image84

In order to have money direct-deposited into a "real" bank account required me to sign up for premium.  Otherwise, they charge you $1.50 (or was it $3.00?) to mail you a regular check.

I've had no problems.

4. robie2 profile image76
          robie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try it-- you'll like it.  I have been so totally pleasantly surprised by the Hubpages ad program that I just have to encourage you.  The program has totally filled the $$ gap left by the decrease in my Hub traffic and Adsense revenue after the infamous Panda got through with me.

The payout threshold is $25.00 and it is rather nice to just have an extra bit of cash appear in my Paypal account from time to time. As for Paypal-- there don't seem to be a lot of fees and I've had an account with them since the Stone Age, before they were owned by Ebay and have never had a problem.  I've heard the horror stories online about their customer service, but have always found them professional and responsive--- so come on in.  The Hubpages Ad program is great smile

2. Cheeky Girl profile image65
        Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Wow, I am happy to hear this. Thank you Jason and Hub Pages! Cheers!

3. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 13 years ago

Hooray!

4. prairieprincess profile image93
        prairieprincessposted 13 years ago

Yay! I'm signed up and ready to go! Can't wait to see good results.

5. blessedmommy profile image81
        blessedmommyposted 13 years ago

Just signed up!  Anxious to see how this works! Thanks for all of your hard work for us HubPages!

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

Is there an email going out to registered hubbers?

No, we didn't send an email this time. We did post a notification in everyone's My Account page, though.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok, thanks. I was wondering about people who have hubs here, but don't frequent the site often.

7. Lissie profile image74
        Lissieposted 13 years ago

Sorry I may have missed it - but whats the min payout for the program and when is payment made - the month following? 60 days?

cheers

1. twobmad profile image61
          twobmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wowwwww.. Thank you the HP management for making this available to all.. so excited!

2. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Lissie, the threshold is $50. smile No waiting period. You reach the threshold and you can move your money. smile

Edit: @Jason- Good job getting all setup before Summer. smile

8. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I tried to sign up on one of my other accounts and there appears to be a glitch - it repeatedly asks me for my security questions. I got up to 6 asks and gave up!

Same here... got endless security questions with both HP and paypal. Am afraid but are there ways to retrieve all those security questions that we answered?

2. Jason Menayan profile image60

If you have a problem like this, please email payments@hubpages and they will help you out. It's most likely a glitch.

Wow.. The management is cool.. they all are hands on desk.. Thanks a lot.. Mr. Jason. I will email right a way. Good luck to us.

9. Mrs. Menagerie profile image89
        Mrs. Menagerieposted 13 years ago

Wow!  So unexpected and awesome!

10. Chapter profile image39
        Chapterposted 13 years ago

I am not US people so I have no tax information. What can i do now?

1. Andrew0208 profile image57
          Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Jason, good development coming earlier on schedule. What happens if not a US resident with regards to providing Tax information? Thank you.

Yes, you must fill it out, too. Everyone must. Please follow the wizard in the Tax Information section.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60

You still must enter your tax information via the wizard interface. For non-US Hubbers, you just have to answer a different set of questions. Please read carefully and follow the tax information wizard instructions.

Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Jason for the quick response. Thank you HubPages Team.

11. Edweirdo profile image85
        Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it!

How do we get paid? I reached $50+ for March in the ad program, but how do I get the money? Does it automatically deposit to PayPal at some point? Is there a delay like with Amazon, or is there a button I need to click that I just can't find?

I feel like this info should be easy to find, but I haven't been able to locate these details anywhere - I'm sure someone will post a link and I'll feel like a dummy wink

12. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

Edweirdo, yes, there is a delay. You should be paid at the end of April if you reached payout in March, (that is how I understand it).  It is covered in Terms of Use, Section 9- read down to payment paragraph.
        http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I stand corrected again. Thank you. Good to know.

2. Edweirdo profile image85
          Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool! Thanks for the link smile

And I only feel half-dumb - something that major should be easier to find, IMHO, like in the "help" link on the Earnings page wink

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well, I don't think you should ever feel dumb, you gave us the forum filter and Hubdefender. big_smile  It probably would be handy in the Earnings section, I agree.

I do have a question about something I just read in that section.
            It says there can be a delay if there is determined to be fraudulent activity.

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, HubPages shall not be liable for any payment from the use of HubPages Ad Program based on: (a) any fraudulent or deceptive activities; (b) invalid activities generated by any person or automated means; (c) requests for end users to click on advertisements on Your Hub or repeatedly reload Your Hub to generate additional page impressions.

How are fraudulent or deceptive activities determined?
            (c) end users?  Does this mean asking viewers at the end of the hub to click.

We have a few techniques internally, and our ad partners can also detect fraudulent activity.

And, yes, in (c) "end users" means visitors to your Hubs, and asking them to click on ads. The policy is really no different from AdSense's.

2. recommend1 profile image60
            recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This issue of help info and FAQ info being more accessible and easy to find has been raised in several different areas - and is maybe something that should be addressed generally ?

An obvious and usefully indexed help and FAQ on hub unpublishing issues would be a good start.

3. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're not alone there, Edweirdo - I've looked several times and came up blank.  Probably saw it at one time or another because next month payment stuck in what little is left of my mind, but never could find it again.

4. Jason Menayan profile image60

There's a new (just put up today!) FAQ section here:
            http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-description

However, if you still have questions, please email payments@hubpages. If we see a lot of questions come in on the same topic, we'll add a new FAQ entry on it.

13. Adventure Colorad profile image78
        Adventure Coloradposted 13 years ago

I've signed up for the new program, but am not sure whether or not to enable it yet.  Decisions, decisions...

1. skear profile image93
          skearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I went ahead and enabled it in my account, the way I see it I don't have much to lose by trying it out!

14. Azure11 profile image85
        Azure11posted 13 years ago

Just saw this as I logged on this morning. Kind of in 2 minds about whether to activate it yet or not. Adsense earnings are not great at the moment but really I think that is because traffic is not good. But if traffic is down then is a different set of ads going to make any difference? Are all the ads for US companies or are they global? I ask as only a portion of my traffic is US so earnings might even drop if I implemented it. Maybe I need to leave my hubs at a static number for a while, leave the adsense in then change to HP ads after a fixed amount of time and compare. Only thing is that I think a decent comparison period needs to be at least a couple of months and that is a long time not to write more hubs!

15. profile image0
        TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Good news to everyone. But the sad news is that it has been made available to everyone after google implemented the second panda update.

Anyone have idea about how much page impression on average is needed to get $50 mark?

16. mcdevices profile image60
        mcdevicesposted 13 years ago

it is great it can bring me profit

17. profile image0
        The Crescentposted 13 years ago

I am happy...but my country is not eligible for PayPal.....so should I go for this.....

Unfortunately, no - PayPal is the only disbursement method we use at this time.

1. ngureco profile image81
            ngurecoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How much does it cost to send money by Western Union?

My experience with western Union has been very good. Google is  using Western Union to disburse payments outside US.  You can also do it.

Just impress upon the management that you can limit the payout for Western Union at a minimum of $200, deduct the $16 Western Union fee from $200 and send out the difference.

2. profile image0
            The Crescentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cant you have alertpay.....then we would get the payment........plz do something.....

3. Ezybonds profile image60
            Ezybondsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please look at Ezybonds as an alternative.

1. profile image0

Does hubpages accept it?

No. We only use PayPal.

18. kephrira profile image61
        kephriraposted 13 years ago

Excellent, I've been looking forwards to this, but there are two things I'm wondering:

Does it work with the referal program?

And, when are payments sent out? (ie does hubpages hold them for a month or two after you reach the threshold before paying out?)

Yes, it works for the referral program. On your 10% share of impressions on the Hubs of those Hubbers you've referred, HubPages Ads would show even if that Hubber is not using the HubPages Ad Program.

We pay the following month (towards the end of the month) on the previous month's earnings once you hit the $50 payout. So, if you hit $50 mid-April, say, then you'll get paid via PayPal in late May.

1. kephrira profile image61
            kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great, thanks for the info Jason.

19. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Wow! I noticed the announcement on my account page yesterday.  That's nice that the HP Ads is now available for everyone.  I was lucky enough to get in on the second pick.  So far so good.. I'm earning on both Adsense and HP Ads.  Thanks HP.

20. TamCor profile image81
        TamCorposted 13 years ago

I'm signed up--thanks alot for getting this pushed through for the rest of us! smile

21. nasus loops profile image64
        nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

Thanks hubpages.I have signed up and look forward to seeing what happens next.  Not really expecting much as Adsense has only now started to provide a small income monthly(but ha every little helps)

22. elayne001 profile image78
        elayne001posted 13 years ago

Not sure what is happening, but since I was accepted for the Hubpages Ad Program, my income has gone waaaayyyy down! Can any one tell me whatzup?

Your AdSense earnings might have gone down. When did you enable the HubPages Ad Program? (Did it coincide with the Panda update in late February?)

How are your total earnings? And how are your total earnings on an eCPM basis? (i.e. per 1000 Hub views)

1. elayne001 profile image78
            elayne001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This Month (Apr)

4,614 Impressions
                $5.04 CPM

Last Month (Mar)

2,078 Impressions
                $7.05 CPM

Is this pretty good? I am not sure how to get more.. please enlighten me.

Is that for AdSense only? Or a combination of AdSense and the HubPages Ad Program?

1. elayne001 profile image78

How do I know which is for one or the other - I thought they were all adsense. Okay, I admit it - I'm lost.

AdSense is Google's ad program.

For your HubPages Ad Program earnings, go to:
                  https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/hpads

Add them together.

2. elayne001 profile image78

Also, what is Panda? I'm not aware of that.

Google algorithm update, resulting in far less search traffic, beginning February 25th.

Lower traffic = lower earnings

23. jacqui2011 profile image81
        jacqui2011posted 13 years ago

Wow, its great that it is open to everyone. My problem at the moment is that I cant have it yet. I am still waiting on google to try and rectify my adsense problem. I know what the problem is, I applied for google adsense from a direct message that I received from them and not through Hubpages as I should have. Ooops - I was just new to Hubpages and got it wrong. Three weeks after applying for Google Adsense, I got a rejection e-mail stating there was a problem with domain ownership. About a week ago I asked them to cancel my adsense application in order that I could reapply directly through Hubpages. I feel like its dragging on and on. I cant wait to get set up for Google Adsense and Hubpages Ad program, as I am very keen. Adsense has to be set up before you can apply for the ad program on Hubpages. Maybe I will be able to get it soon. Come on Google, get your finger out! Lol.

24. ArtVandelay66 profile image89
        ArtVandelay66posted 13 years ago

If I haven't made any money through AdSense because I don't really have much traffic, nothing will really be different with the Hub Pages Ad Program for me then, will it?

I've read the description of the program but am not sure if I understand it all.  Does this new program just use different ads that can pay more per click?

I would definitely focus on getting more traffic, which comes from publishing more high-quality Hubs. The key to earning is traffic; the HubPages Ad Program simply enhances how much money that traffic can earn you.

25. amymarie_5 profile image66
        amymarie_5posted 13 years ago

I'm so excited about the new hubpage ad program! I signed up right away! Looking forward to seeing results from this new program! Thank you!!

26. sergs_pogi profile image57
        sergs_pogiposted 13 years ago

Wow. This is getting very exciting. Thanks, HubPages team. I was about to resign when I heard others have jumped ship upon the onslaught of the traffic decline. Luckily, one hubber reassured me that everything is for the good of all. With a revived spirit, I made the decision to prioritize HubPages. LOL. Thanks. The HP ad program is awesome. Now, aside from the singe ad with three clicks possible, there are three more big ads from Google. This is really exciting.

1. waseemarif86 profile image59
          waseemarif86posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi plz cntct me

1. sergs_pogi profile image57
            sergs_pogiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why is it?

27. Karanda profile image79
        Karandaposted 13 years ago

Excellent news. Signed up straight away and the process was straightforward and easy. Well done HubPages.

28. AliciaC profile image94
        AliciaCposted 13 years ago

Thank you very much for opening the Ad program to everyone ahead of schedule. I signed up right away and found the process very easy, too.

29. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Hi HubPages!
        Glad the HubAd Prog has opened full throttle.
        All success to you and the writers here.

Now, I have a question, I did not see in the HP Blog regarding this, so please bear with me. My Adsense account was disabled for a TOS Violation, of which I have no idea what/why. I have entered an appeal and still awaiting reply from Google Customer  Service. Should they not accept the appeal, does this mean I cannot participate in the Hub Pages Ad Program?

Many Thanks (and sorry to be a pain )

James.

James, that's correct. You must have an active AdSense account to participate in the HubPages Ad Program.

I hope your appeal is resolved quickly to your satisfaction.

30. American_Choices profile image77
        American_Choicesposted 13 years ago

I am all set up and thrilled.  What a simply set up too!  Excellent job!  Keep up the GREAT work!

1. vietnamvet68 profile image60
          vietnamvet68posted 13 years agoin reply to this

All I can say is good luck, it's a joke

31. Jimmy Boyd profile image66
        Jimmy Boydposted 13 years ago

Does the $.75 CPM mean 75 cents per 1000 page impressions or ad impressions? I can't imagine it would increase earnings for most people if it's less than a dollar per 1000 page impressions because it leaves a mere one AdSense ad block.

If you are going to almost completely replace AdSense that routinely gets over $3 per 1000 pages with something that is less than one dollar per 1000 pages, how is this a good thing?

You should calculate your total earnings, through all revenue generation mechanisms, over 1000 Hub impressions, and compare that to your total earnings, through all revenue generation mechanisms before you added the Program, over 1000 Hub impressions. That's the only way you're going to get a true apple-to-apple comparison.

2. profile image0
          Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most of my CPM rates are around $8

32. blessedmommy profile image81
        blessedmommyposted 13 years ago

I know that it has been said that the ad program will hurt adsense, but I wasn't expecting the drop I got!  Also, the ad program has not benefited me so far.  My total earnings with the ad program in 3 days are not as much as I often make on adsense in one day. (And that is including the total of what I'm currently making on adsense). So far it seems I've lost revenue.  Am I doing something wrong or is it possible that the ad program is not for everyone?  ANY replies will be helpful.  Am I the only one that has had this trouble?

It's certainly possible you're making less using the Program, in which case you should switch back to AdSense only. Are you comparing to your AdSense earnings before or after the Google Panda update? (i.e. before or after March)

1. blessedmommy profile image81
            blessedmommyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did have an approx $50 monthly drop after Panda.  I just checked my adsense and did the math with my March earnings and I actually seem to be earning about equal now using the ad program; no more, no less.  I guess I will give the program a little more time to see what happens.  I may not make more but if I can at least come up equal I will enjoy the more frequent payouts.  Guess I'll wait a few days and see before making a final decision.  Thanks, Jason.

You can certainly drop out of the Program whenever you like, but you should do it for the "right" reasons (i.e. understanding exactly what you have to gain or lose). You can certainly turn off the Program and see how your total daily revenue is impacted (assuming your traffic is 100% stable day-to-day), and make your decision from there. smile

1. blessedmommy profile image81
                blessedmommyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My adsense is starting to pick back up a little, not a whole lot, but much better than it was.  Is this a coincidence or could there be some kind of "system shock" when something new is added?  Is it possible that it takes a few days for everything to adjust or do you think this is purely coincidental and a result of weekend traffic?

It could be a result of weekend traffic. Traffic does change considerably over the course of a week.

A true apples-to-apples comparison should be one full week to another full week, with no holidays or any other event that would affect traffic. (Two "normal" weeks)

33. Steve Lensman profile image62
        Steve Lensmanposted 13 years ago

I'll have to bow out of the program, I live in the UK and I'm not that comfortable giving out my tax info and social security number. I'll stick with Google Adsense for now, my hubs don't generate much traffic anyway because I've chosen a niche topic to write about, which may change in the near future. But like they say, never say never.

1. earner profile image82
          earnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to.  If you follow the Wizard you say "no" to both questions.  Job done.

I am in the UK, it's a standard US tax form - and as a UK citizen you're just declaring that you don't live in the US and don't have any business/employees in the US.... so it's a simple "no", "no", and no personal details being given

1. Steve Lensman profile image62
            Steve Lensmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that bit of info earner, I'll give it a go.

34. Teylina profile image61
        Teylinaposted 13 years ago

I'm really very happy for all you hubbers for whom there are no problems (like blissfulwriter). I have been excited since I joined HP, and don't usually give up any endeavor so quickly, but have yet to have anything go right, make one penny no matter what, even finally have ads show, only to disappear, and keep seeing 'pending' on adsense (blocking me from HP ads), even tho' followed all HP team's specific instructions, and unable to join paypal because it claims my info is incorrect. So glad you guys are making whatever! We all need it; I was hoping to add even a little to my retirement before summer (as a substitute teacher I need some help; besides, I'd like to quit! sub'g, not hub'g!) Ha Ha!! I'll be reading all I can, and if things get straight by 5/16, I'll pub again! Y'all are all too good to quit following (most of you, anyway!)

35. Balinese profile image41
        Balineseposted 13 years ago

thank you - great news

36. earner profile image82
        earnerposted 13 years ago

HAI!!

I've been away too long .... kept meaning to write more hubs, but life got in the way.  I logged on two days ago and immediately spotted the Hubs Ad Program.  Signed up, didn't expect much to happen.  Logged on yesterday, just 2 days after I'd joined and .... there's money! 

smile

Thanks Hubs.

Right... now I need to join a challenge and write a gazillion more hubs don't I smile

37. jessicab profile image61
        jessicabposted 13 years ago

Thanks hubpages, thats wonderful.

38. Carmen S. Jones profile image62
        Carmen S. Jonesposted 13 years ago

Really happy about the new program. I just started with hubs but I haven't really written much but now I feel motivated to do so. I like residual income.

But I have a question. Sometimes, I re read over my own hubs to check or change something. I just want to make sure that when I am logged in and looking at my own hub that it doesn't count as a page impression. I know with ehow, writers aren't allowed to click on ads on our articles. Just want to make sure.
        Thanks

Viewing your own Hubs as you look to make edits is completely fine. But do not click on any of your own ads. smile

39. Barley profile image59
        Barleyposted 13 years ago

Its really good, But there is one difficult step which is Pay pal Account.Those who do not have Pay pal account could not take benefit from this ad program.Hub Pages need to make it easy for every one and for every region people in the world.

1. beth811 profile image76
          beth811posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can have your paypal account by registering in www.paypal.com.

2. profile image0

Yes I think so...they can have alertpay allso......or anyother payment option for the rest people.....

40. profile image0
        The Crescentposted 13 years ago

My country is not eligible for Paypal......can I use my relative's paypal for this ad program......Mentionable I can receive payment through his account.....

41. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
        DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

Hmmm..well, the blog article about how the HP program works gives me pause because a small fragment of a sentence states that the HP program "...may take away from/negatively impact your Google income..."  (don't recall exact words, but that was the gist.)

Wellll...... since I'm already having trouble getting ANYthing out of Google...don't want to violate TOS by stating amounts, but let's just say I may not live to be old enough to see their payment threshhold!)... why would I want to sign up for another program that may reduce the already minimal amount I make from Google?

Is the HP program promising to draw any better results, with people more likely to click on ads????  And what does one have to do with the other?  Why should we have to already have Google Ad Sense to sign up for HP's program?
        In any case, since I still have apparently not mastered (in spite of extensive reading on the matter) the art of SEO/tags/keywords, and draw nearly no outside "organic" traffic... .. I think the presence of any of my ads are a moot point.

I find all this confusing, so think I'll just hold put for now.

Definitely no promise. It's just an additional ad source. You can see the impact of adding it in the graphic here:
          http://hubpages.com/faq/#

And yes, it will most certainly diminish your AdSense income (most have seen the additional revenue from the Program more than compensates for that loss, but not everyone has).

If you have any uneasiness about it, simply don't activate it at all. smile

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
            Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jason, I'm very happy being a part of the Ad programme and what I've seen so far is more than encouraging. I have in the last few days/week, however, noticed a very curious (if pleasing) effect and wonder if the two are related?

My Adsense revenue has increased significantly but is not ascribed to any particular source. By that, I mean that my Hubs and blogs are all tracked and that I can usually see what is producing the earnings.

Is this in any way due to my Adsense revenue from the new system not showing in my tracking?

Hope this is clear! smile

That is really odd. If you have a custom channel for each of your Hubs and other blogs, I'm not sure where that extra revenue is coming from...

Andrew0208posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Jason, I've also wondered at times where I'm getting untracked earnings from; I've got all my hubs, blogs and websites under the adsense url and custom channels tracking. It tags the little extra earnings as 'averages', could it be little earnings from my referral trackers? I really do wish to know also how to identify or track the exact earnings from my performing referral trackers. Thank you.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image84

Well, as I see it, other Hubbers are not normally or usually clicking on any other Hubbers' ads.  Whethere or not they simply don't, or whether that would be against HP policy/TOS, I'm not sure.

In any event, Hubbers don't seem to click ads.  Therefore, my main problem is not so much a comparision between the two ad platforms, as it is still a struggle to get so-called "organic" traffic that WILL click on ads.

I activated GAS--LOL--how do you like that for an acronymn??!! smile-- only in the hopes of getting some odd extra income.  As I've said, it's not working too well.

That said, I was reluctant to even "add the ads" for that reason because, in general, I despise ads, and don't click on them myself, as I find them irritating and distracting...so, by having them activated on my hubs, I am prostituting my own principles.  sad

42. Ladybird33 profile image67
        Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

I am still concerned over this new ad programm, I am trying to see but adsense has taken a dive but HP is doing okay...we will see but I am a concerned puppy smile

1. anujagarwal profile image57
          anujagarwalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm also concerned about the AdSense earnings. CTR has fell down from <do not disclose your AdSense metrics in this public forum - violation of AdSense TOS>
          Even CPC has declined too much. Earlier, I used to get $1 clicks after every 2-3days, but now I have not received any such click. Though earnings from HP Ads are fine but again CPC for HP Ads is not upto the mark.

You should be evaluating your total earnings now vs your total earnings before.

But, if you're not comfortable with the drop in clicks in AdSense, you can turn off HubPages Ads.

1. anujagarwal profile image57
              anujagarwalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Earnings are comparable and have not gone down. That is probably due to more ad units now. Only the little concern is CPC from HP, CTR from AdSense will definitely be low as there is single ad unit.

I know it would be too early to judge the earning potential of HP Ads, may be it will become better as the time passes. So, instead of opting out, I'll prefer to stay with HP Ads for some more time.

43. Adventure Colorad profile image78
        Adventure Coloradposted 13 years ago

I went ahead and enabled it, even wrote a Hub about my experience so far.  I am seeing better eCPM with the Hubpages Ad Program, we'll see in the long run how they compare.

44. MarloByDesign profile image78
        MarloByDesignposted 13 years ago

HubPages, do you have any information on what will possibly earn more money for Hubbers - your program or Adsense? I just do not want to run myself "too thin" and was wondering what may potentially be more profitable. As it stands, I am not earning much with Adsense, but I love being part of this site and hope to increase my earnings by writing additional Hubs. Thank you in advance for you advice.

45. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

Don't press Reply to a spam message. Not only have you reproduced the links, you also make it impossible for the mods to delete the message. Just report and ignore.

Grace, if you can still delete your message, then best to do so.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I already reported both of those as spam a few minutes after Grace posted. The spam spam spam also counts as spam right smile So I would hope that it could also be deleted.

46. Mindnoodling profile image58
        Mindnoodlingposted 6 years ago

It is reasonable that AdSense is now available. You wonder how each and every great hubber here don't earn much out of those unique contents. Well, it is a great improvement in the aspect of paid advertisement. Great job to the hub pages team

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

As already pointed out... this happened SIX years ago.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)