jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

About how many people is the HubPages Weekly newsletter emailed to each week?

1. Teresa Schultz profile image80
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

About how many people is the HubPages Weekly newsletter emailed to each week?

And does everyone see the same info in it, or is some of the info "customized" related to which hubbers the recipient of the newsletter follows etc etc? I've asked a similar question just now, but for this particular question, I'm mostly curious as to how many many people receive the HubPages weekly newsletter. Also, for interests sake, do you actually read it? Do you click the links in it?

2. xstatic profile image61
    xstaticposted 5 years ago

I wanted to know about this, but can't find the newsletter in my email, so will follow for answers to.

Teresa Schultzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hope you've seen the answers here, then smile Sounds like it gets emailed to about 100 000. Nice - but better than nice would be if it had more in it targeted to ALL newsletter recipients. Better exposure for those that make it into the newsletter.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image94
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

The newsletter is customized to hubbers, at least some of it is.  You can see the newsletters, with all the suggested links on the website.
    http://hubpages.com/about/newsletter/

Just click on archives, and choose the date you wish to see.

Thanks for the link. I guess it's fine if some of the newsletter is customized to individual hubbers, but would be great if there was more general info in it - might even be a drawcard to get more people to join HubPages / be more active on HubPages.

2. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I guess if you're not interested in HP you won't subscribe to the newsletter Teresa. So, there's no point in making it promotional. It's informative and fun.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I seem to remember reading that it was sent to 100,000 people. When one of my Hubs won a HubNugget award and was going to be featured in that e-mail, I went "Woohoo! 100,000 potential readers? Massive traffic surge, here I come!" --- but it never happened. Sigh.

That sucks - I guess only your followers got to see (in the newsletter) that you'd won a HubNugget award. It would be great (especially if the newsletter gets emailed to 100 000 people) if more generic-to-all links were included in the newsletter.

working